Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 23/08/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Changelog 23/08/16

Post#31 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Legends say people are still playing hpc from months ago and it still hasn't ended

Ads
Jaycub

Post#32 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:38 pm

EC has a major problem in that, the entire match can pretty much be decided by the 1st fight if the other team BM's hard and portal camp the other team after the 1st fight.

There is no reset at all for the team that loses the 1st fight, and the winners get to kill people as they deal with loading screens etc...

It's a dogshit 6v6 map and probably always will be, but maybe it could be a fun 12v12 or 3v3 map possibly IDK?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Bretin

Post#33 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Legends say people are still playing hpc from months ago and it still hasn't ended
Legends say Kagami is interred in hpc and her ghost prevents people from capping the flags hence why they are stuck in it 4eva.

Penril

Post#34 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Jaycub wrote:EC has a major problem in that, the entire match can pretty much be decided by the 1st fight if the other team BM's hard and portal camp the other team after the 1st fight.

There is no reset at all for the team that loses the 1st fight, and the winners get to kill people as they deal with loading screens etc...

It's a dogshit 6v6 map and probably always will be, but maybe it could be a fun 12v12 or 3v3 map possibly IDK?
Can't really portal camp them since you get ported to one of 3 random exits. If you die:

a) and your group is still alive when you release, take a portal and rejoin them quickly, or
b) wait for everyone to die, regroup and take the portal together

I am fully aware you know this. But most pugs don't and they just keep rushing in 1 by 1, getting completely stomped. This is why so many people dislike EC.

As has been mentioned, there are several other SCs that work much better for a premade-only 6v6 SC (even LF and HPC would be better than EC). I completely disagree with changing a SC just to cater to a few people who can't deal with being punted. Are we gonna remove the lava from Tor Anroc next?

Bretin

Post#35 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:52 pm

Jaycub wrote:EC has a major problem in that, the entire match can pretty much be decided by the 1st fight if the other team BM's hard and portal camp the other team after the 1st fight.
The major problem is that people who never participate in 6vs6 are still discussing them.

Spawn / portal camp was never a issue as the whole 6vs6 scene was always based around fairness no matter who your enemy was. Hence why we - and with we i mean the premade player in general - voted FOR the wall. It is about measuring skill and having fun.

People like Penril, you and some others did vote against the wall iirc, yet read my first sentence and you will (again) see what's the issue.

Back when we had our clutch with Fusion, we had a lot of disrespect for them but we always fought fair against them and in the end the **** got settled.

In all the CW's and 6vs6 we played there was never an unfair behavior of anyone and i doubt that anyone would portal camp and those who would try are so bad that they will get steamrolled anyway by any real premade.
Last edited by Bretin on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaycub

Post#36 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 pm

Regardless you can get **** over by bad RNG, we would have 5 of us on one port, 1 watching the other side if you load into the one we were camping it's really bad since we would get like 2 seconds on the guy before he loads in and people have different loading times etc...

Secondly if the winds of change changed in a non random manner then it's just a matter of time before people find out the pattern and take advantage of that.

Porting into the side areas after a fight is also a pretty big disadvantage as having the higher ground means your backline is much safer.

Jaycub

Post#37 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Bretin wrote:
The major problem is that people who never participate in 6vs6 are still discussing them.

Spawn / portal camp was never a issue as the whole 6vs6 scene was always based around fairness no matter who your enemy was. Hence why we - and with we i mean the premade player in general - voted FOR the wall. It is about measuring skill and having fun.
EC is hardly organized or proper 6v6 right now, it pops extremely often if it all you que for and you get up against a pretty wide variety of groups. It actually pretty hard to get up against a 6 man you whispered to que up for it, even during dead NA times.

Penril

Post#38 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Bretin wrote:

People like Penril, you and some others did vote against the wall, yet read my first sentence and you will (again) see what's the issue.

Back when we had our clutch with Fusion, we had a lot of disrespect for them but we always fought fair against them and in the end the **** got settled.

Now if you really dont want to get this thread derailed (and inevitably locked at some point), don't mention me again in any of your posts. I don't have patience for your today.

In all the CW's and 6vs6 we played there was never an unfair behavior of anyone and i doubt that anyone would portal camp and those who would try are so bad that they will get steamrolled anyway by any real premade.

The issue is we have some self righteous idiots like you, claiming that only those who dont 6v6 are against the wall. I do 6v6, and my opponents ofc know it. I don't give 2 flying **** if you care or believe me; pretty sure the devs do and in the end that's all that matters to me.

I also find it funny that those who are for the wall are mostly premades who run BO and SM. So much for "best tanks in WAR hurr durr" if you can't even deal with punts. Situational awareness takes skill.

Don't mention me again in any of your posts, I don't have patience today for you and that will lead to this thread being completely derailed and, inevitably, locked.
Last edited by Penril on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#39 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:02 pm

Also to add, the only reason I care is because EC has replaced CW as the defacto 6v6 sc during this rotation (1 week).

Fighting out in the lakes is gay having a scoreboard and SC environments are way better than eatine/CW and ill come to yurop to fight you if say otherwise tbqh fam :^)

Penril

Post#40 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Jaycub wrote:Also to add, the only reason I care is because EC has replaced CW as the defacto 6v6 sc during this rotation (1 week).

Fighting out in the lakes is gay having a scoreboard and SC environments are way better than eatine/CW and ill come to yurop to fight you if say otherwise tbqh fam :^)
Yeah that was probably bad. CW was working fine as the premade-6v6 SC. It should probably be permanent, imho.