Recent Topics

Ads

Changelog 23/08/16

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Danielle

Re: Changelog 23/08/16

Post#21 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:00 am

I understand there are some people who enjoy the punting minigame on scenarios like EC and Tor Anroc, I don't find it very fun, but hey, I guess others can have their laughs as long as I don't have to queue for it. However in no way does that kind of mechanic belong in a scenario that is intended to be the sole one (at one time) used for competitive 6v6 matches, therefore I applaud the usage of a wall (if that's the intention).

Hopefully the rotation of different 6v6 scenarios will also help to remove some sort of stigma from them and more people will solo queue for them. Because they do purposefully and successfully match PuG vs. PuG and premade vs. premade better than any other scenarios, and most of the time they also give better balanced groups in PuG vs PuG. So here's hoping for more solo queuers in those scenarios outside of prime-time. Already got an EC pop on T1 today, so my hopes are high.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
Bretin

Post#22 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:03 am

Lindisfarne wrote:But since all ur toons are mdps i can understand why u prefer the wall ;)
nice try, besides the fact that i don't even play atm i do have the following mdps within t4:

- shaman
- squig
- shadow warrior
- sorc
- bw
- AM

about the punt: it is pure cheese. the map design overall is stage 3 cancer for a rdps setup anyway. the wall doesn't change anything besides the ability of being able to cheese like pizza hut

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 am

Lindisfarne wrote:
Bretin wrote:
Teinhala wrote:Can't punt on EC .....
its not a cheese tactic at all. With no wall healers and rdps have more of a chance in this sc by using the barriers to stay safe and as mdps try to attack them they have a high chance of getting the punt. Without that chance of getting punted melee trains are just way too powerful.

But since all ur toons are mdps i can understand why u prefer the wall ;)

Actually Ryan made a thread about this some time ago and I believe most premade players voted for a wall (as the thread itself pertained to premade players and their thoughts on having a wall)

If there is a wall now, good - it should be kept. The map is intended for 6v6 and should have as few cheese/one-hit kill mechanics as possible.

Rebuke

Post#24 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Was it not also decided and agreed upon, by said premade players, that EC actually was a very lacking candidate for 6v6 only setting in the first place?

Morf

Post#25 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Scenario rotation !!! cheers.

On the EC wall issue, death is part of the game, sure it **** sucks to be punted over the edge and it is a cheese move but it is what it is, infact i dunno why it matters to the "skilled" players, surely the mass "skills" you possess mean you will avoid being punted ? or even better if you care so much and want a no obstacles, no interference, no scenery issue fight organise one in eatiane or cw.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:47 pm

Rebuke wrote:Was it not also decided and agreed upon, by said premade players, that EC actually was a very lacking candidate for 6v6 only setting in the first place?
To an extent, but ultimately ec was given as the 6v6 scen and as such we gotta make the most of it.

Morf: being able to kill someone from the click of a button has no place in 6v6. No wall results in people hugging wall which is boring and not indicative of a proper 6v6 dm. Also people use eataine/chaos for open 6v6 but what's wrong with having just one scenario that revolves around a deathmatch, no instagib crap 6v6 that only a handful of premades would be brave enough to play anyway?

katroulitsa

Post#27 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:54 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaas HPC is back, thank you for the sc rotation =D
Inav
Semya

Morf

Post#28 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:59 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Morf: being able to kill someone from the click of a button has no place in 6v6. No wall results in people hugging wall which is boring and not indicative of a proper 6v6 dm.
Then dont get punted. Punting ppl off is a cheese move i aint denying it but ppl could say que'ing it with the fotm melee setup is a cheese move as any setup with a rdps or a squishy healer is ****.
Proper 6v6 encounters with no obstacles or scenery issues are rare, even in CW ppl used the trees, statues to there advantage(granted it aint a punt=death issue), if you want something with no drawbacks then it should be organised in an empty rvr zone so ppl cant complain or blame something they cant control.
i do get what you are saying tho but there are groups that are not super serious hardcore devoted premades but also que as a 6 and would have fun punting ppl off the edge.

Edit to respond to your edit. There is nothing wrong with having a team deathmatch 6v6, its something i want also but EC isnt the sc for this, also whats brave got to do with it ? does mean your pre wont que EC coz you aint brave enough ? idk i may of misunderstood you.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Ec aint the best agreed and revolves around melee more than CW but bonus is it has no guards nowhere to hide. Guess its good option for now until time/resources available to try something else

Gobtar

Post#30 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:30 pm

katroulitsa wrote:Yaaaaaaaaaas HPC is back, thank you for the sc rotation =D
You are the only person I am aware of that likes this SC haha, enjoy it while you can!