Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Detangler

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#21 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:38 pm

retekelek wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:30 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:31 pm
TreefAM wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:30 pm Rip min maxing with invader
Who even has invader? I hear it's really hard to get.

Removed from the patch notes as it didn't get applied for this week. Guess we might want to look into code-removing items in unapproved slots before we do it. Lots of honest folk here pointing out an unintended potential bug.
Bye bye 5 solve 4 invader setup... or 5 solve 2 invader 2 oppressor/vanq
Devs have mentioned in posts past that this jewel slot change was coming.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
retekelek

Post#22 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Removed from the patch notes as it didn't get applied for this week. Guess we might want to look into code-removing items in unapproved slots before we do it. Lots of honest folk here pointing out an unintended potential bug.
does that change that fact, that it will make less variants on gear setups, that it was mentioned earlier?

M0rw47h

Post#23 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Detangler wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:38 pm

To be honest, mentioning that change is coming, doesn't make mentioned change a good change.

fuamatu

Post#24 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Hrihor88 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:26 pm I like the new changes for am, but what about an AM that fulled warlord for heal spec maybe with full armor talis 180 and now the found a dps set ? No refund for him ? it's not right .

What AM change do you like? These are awful, especially for an already undesirable heal class. Chance to be crit should already be very low. the new ability is almost useless. To have a viable mix for set bonus, AM now has to go back down to Vanquisher. (invader works for now until they actually lock jewel to 4th slot)

(and yes the 5 wasted warlord pieces already purchased makes me sad - those crests could have been used for Sov off instead)

Dteekay

Post#25 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm

The chosen's bane shield Is applied to group and has an extra 7 second on it (17 secs total). Why was KOBS not changed to mirror the chosen change? Shield of the sun does more dmg than bane shield, but its still only cast on self and 10 secs long. Is there a reason for a one sided change?

wildwindblows

Post#26 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:00 pm

devs shows crit change first and then they changed as morale drain. Mara's warlod still gives %10 more crit change and off sov set changed as morale drain. Altough Off sov set is more expensive than warlord, you punish players who bought off sov set. pathetic.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0rw47h

Post#27 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Dteekay wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm The chosen's bane shield Is applied to group and has an extra 7 second on it (17 secs total). Why was KOBS not changed to mirror the chosen change? Shield of the sun does more dmg than bane shield, but its still only cast on self and 10 secs long. Is there a reason for a one sided change?
Because Knight has other tools, Chosen doesn't have. That would be my guess.

Omegus

Post#28 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 pm

That's a massive power creep on full Sov gear and being able to wipe out random M3s (1800 morale) could be enough to kill the concept of morale dropping entirely at Sov level. Which is fine, except it was one of the big advantage destro had against the order healing advantage. Or, when a Sov WB fights a non-Sov WB in city, the Sov WB gets to morale bomb while the non-Sov one doesn't.

What's the cooldown on these abilities? If it's 2 minutes then the standard 8 tank setup will be able to keep the warband running fast almost non-stop.

Who needs Odjira? :P
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#29 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Reading patch notes and few things caught my attention..

Desolation - Up to 3 nearby enemies within 10' immediately lose 1800 Morale
Let's make Marauders great again by giving their drain to everyone? (I'm all for nerfing morale bombing to the ground. Thumbs up)

Finished to fix all projectile speed on ranged abilities. They almost all had a longer flight time than intended.
Thank you! My rSH skills have been hitting when I had already been 2 skills in rotation further :)

Unshackled Freedom - You and your defensive targets abilities cost no Action Points for 10 s.
Fettered Might - Your target will have their Action Point cost increased by 50% for 10s.

Why should AP drains be limited to Shamans / AMs? With 200' range this is gonna wreck backlines. Joy joy :)

Dire Shielding now applies to group members, not all allies. It was not intended to affect 24 players when the AOE cap was lifted.
We hear your cries (of joy), engineers. Also: why are KOTBS not affected by this?

Warlord
- Engi/Squig/SW now have 6% Dodge Strikethrough instead of AA speed as a set bonus

My excitement for Warlord set over invader has been diminished. Oh, well, live and adapt ;)

Great work, as usual, I'm looking forward to experiencing the changes on the battlefield!
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

kmark101

Post#30 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:21 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm
Dteekay wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm The chosen's bane shield Is applied to group and has an extra 7 second on it (17 secs total). Why was KOBS not changed to mirror the chosen change? Shield of the sun does more dmg than bane shield, but its still only cast on self and 10 secs long. Is there a reason for a one sided change?
Because Knight has other tools, Chosen doesn't have. That would be my guess.

Like what? (that are actually desirable and performing well, not just on the knight-itself-when-being-hit-(never))
Gryyw - Ironbreaker