Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DokB

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#421 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Why are we still entertaining this idea that guard needed to be changed for 2H tanks and or it was even over performing in any way, shape or form? The only person to come forward from the dev team and attempted to explain the reason for the change was Yali (but I doubt he was behind it) and almost everything about their post was incorrect and not supported by evidence. The people who are for the guard change have been proven wrong at every turn, no matter how garbage and tedious to read their arguments were.

Can we please get an explanation from whoever pushed this stupid change to come forward and actually present an argument? If you can’t do that than just change guard back to what it was and quit huffing glue and whatever the **** you are doing that made you think this change was good.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Eathisword

Post#422 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Tarantoga wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm @devs

pls check the questions you asked in the survey i received soem mins ago.... the second last question was very missleading
Oh what questions? I wanna answer questions!

Whats that question thing ?
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Nortard

Post#423 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Eathisword wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:08 pm
Tarantoga wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm @devs

pls check the questions you asked in the survey i received soem mins ago.... the second last question was very missleading
Oh what questions? I wanna answer questions!

Whats that question thing ?

Tarantoga

Post#424 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:30 pm

bulgy70 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm Most 2h tanks i see never guard anyone any way.
really a great argument :ugeek:

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#425 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:43 pm
bulgy70 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm So let me get this right, 2h tanks want all the benefits of S&B with the guard, which means, your are spending your rr points in to other things, as you dont need block, you do way more damage then S&B tanks, with almost as much survivability.

I feel that 2h tanks should not be able to guard, in fact you should only be able to guard someone if you are using a shield, It was like that on live for some time.

And before anyone asks, i am a high rr BG

This was not a nerf to any tanks, this was about bring baalnce, Knights and Chosens are very powerful as 2h's as are some of the other 2h tank builds. Most 2h tanks i see never guard anyone any way.
You lose out on Hold the Line, which is mandatory in RvR large-scale encounters.
You lose out on block, so you are nowhere near as good at absorbing damage intended for your guarded target.

The fact that you go onto say '2h tanks dont guard anyone anyway' shows that your experience of said spec probably stems from unorganised environments, i.e. the least impacted given that people prefer to be suicidal solo rambos, instead of helping their team.
Peter, i run WB's and i always tell the tanks in my WB's to have a guard on some one, if a tank does not guard someone. Even after i have asked them, i kick them from my WB's. How other WB leaders want to run there wb's is up to them. So please don't think you know what environments i run in.

As you play desto as much as you play order Peter, you are always welcome to join my WB's
Last edited by bulgy70 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarantoga

Post#426 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:49 pm

well, if you prefer wb play you should know that snb is better than 2h in any ways. it only affects the smallscale which was the last niche a 2h tank was really viable (lets forget about solo roam because thats not even a niche here :/ )
Last edited by Tarantoga on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DokB

Post#427 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:49 pm

What kind of questions are these?

“Do you want to be forced to use a tactic as 2H tank so you aren’t providing a gimped version of guard to your group?”

“Is 2H tank still viable?” – Doesn’t even specify in which setting (smallscale/6v6/WB) nor does it recognise and fails to mention the deeper issues that have been highlighted constantly in the last few days of discussion.

Why even bother putting this to an in game survey at all? Now you are going to get ALL the uneducated, ill-informed opinions of every man and his dog.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

footpatrol2

Post#428 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:58 pm

I really don't think this game is or was in a dumpster fire state that large changes needed to be implemented. I know that's not RoR's stance, this is unfortunate.

Ads
Fandaran

Post#429 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:47 pm

So, as someone who played Chosen extensively on Live, and plays SM on RoR, and thoroughly enjoys playing a tanky dps, I don't mind the nerfs to 2H guard, but it can't occur in a vacuum like this. If you're going to nerf the 2H tanks ability to guard for the group, you need to increase their damage / utility to compensate for the loss in role. That will differentiate the SnB and 2H specs to SnB being Guard / light utility, and 2H being Utility / DPS with light Guard. Simultaneous of that, you also need to make a decision on, and spec-gate the utility on BG/IB to allow for meaningful utility on both SnB and 2H specs for the classes, without overpowering either spec. As it stands now, IB/BG aren't in a good state along with all the 2H spec tanks, and don't have a good role as S+B due to comparative lack of utility relative to the other tank classes.

Jaycub

Post#430 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 am

Fandaran wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:47 pm So, as someone who played Chosen extensively on Live, and plays SM on RoR, and thoroughly enjoys playing a tanky dps, I don't mind the nerfs to 2H guard, but it can't occur in a vacuum like this. If you're going to nerf the 2H tanks ability to guard for the group, you need to increase their damage / utility to compensate for the loss in role. That will differentiate the SnB and 2H specs to SnB being Guard / light utility, and 2H being Utility / DPS with light Guard. Simultaneous of that, you also need to make a decision on, and spec-gate the utility on BG/IB to allow for meaningful utility on both SnB and 2H specs for the classes, without overpowering either spec. As it stands now, IB/BG aren't in a good state along with all the 2H spec tanks, and don't have a good role as S+B due to comparative lack of utility relative to the other tank classes.
Like someone stated earlier tanks don't have what natural DPS have in terms of being able to deal with CC, snares and things like detaunt. I don't see a way for a tank to become something slotted into a DPS role, they will just get trained on and raped in 2 seconds bc they can't snare immune charge out, detaunt, or m2 flee like rdps can etc... The extra armor is gonna mean **** all when you are debuffed and have DS or talon on you, or against magic dmg etc...

Guard is so central to the games balance, yes you will see really good organized play were people just straight up get killed through guard but what every premade is trying to do if they can is punt the tank away that's guarding someone bc they literally take double damage when they dont have it and thats when you see ppl melt in 1 GCD when their tank is flying away. 25% guard ain't gonna cut it.

The server actually came a long way in terms of making 2h tanks like BG viable and started flushing it down the toilet with changes to THC on BO and totally **** the bed with this one.

You guys should just be focusing on getting cities out already, its been like 3 years since t4 came out. Inb4 im an entitled shitlord.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>