Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#271 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 am

marisco wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:38 amProblem: SNB tanking is boring and not interesting.

Option A: Make SNB tanking interesting.

Option B: Wreck 2h tanking so people will be forced to migrate to snb for necessity.

I guess you chose B. Is that really the way to solve the issue?

You forgot option C.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
OldSparky

Post#272 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am Whew, thank Grimnir I play a SnB Ironbreaker, boy would I be mad if I woke up and I had spent the x2 renown week leveling a 2h tank!

In seriousness, I guess we will have to see how 25% damage reduction works in 6 man/small scale. Some people here acting like 50% regular reduction wasn’t necessary, from my perspective as a Slayer I kinda feel like it was necessary. The change seems like it will end up with Slayer being too squish to be guarded by a 2h so one or the other should be replaced in the grp comp.
Question is what are you going to guard with a 2h tank now? Another 2h tank? A tankier-specced MDPS like Monstro Mara? Because I see no other use outside of the mentioned classes as just about everything else is going to be too squishy with 25% guard to bother.
Martok wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:52 am
marisco wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:38 amProblem: SNB tanking is boring and not interesting.

Option A: Make SNB tanking interesting.

Option B: Wreck 2h tanking so people will be forced to migrate to snb for necessity.

I guess you chose B. Is that really the way to solve the issue?

You forgot option C.
What is option C?

Drozen

Post#273 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:49 am
Drozen wrote: The extra avoidens from block is simply to important.
Htl stack at max 3 times 1 tank can go 2h with out whole wb loose anything and he can benefith from s+b htl too...you just going brain dead here.... I posted my rr 70 2h bg wb build /stats at page 12 go read it to have an idea of how much a bg can be more durable than a chosen and bring a lot of usefull stuff on the table.
I saw it, I dont agree with you for two cents and I have one bg with even better stats for that job. That is not the issue, you as a tank is there to soak up dmg and mitigated dmg for you wb. Yea 10% extra crit is Nice and not a negative.but it dont beat having 2x snb chosen & bo in each group. Before nerfs to kotbs/chosen you could have 1 of those in the wb for buffs/debuff but they where still tanks. It is simply determed to what lvl you wanna play it at, do you wanna play at "optimal" settings or just settle for a "tank Who migh guard and stay in range" you need to provider maximim coveridge for your dps simple as that, and if the tank remove 30-40% Block to that He become less tanky in a setting where dmg is very high and sustained then add guard dmg to that.. No, before yes 2h could have been ok in wb's, not atm if you wanna go optimal setup.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

CountTalabecland

Post#274 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:03 am

Spoiler:
OldSparky wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:00 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am Whew, thank Grimnir I play a SnB Ironbreaker, boy would I be mad if I woke up and I had spent the x2 renown week leveling a 2h tank!

In seriousness, I guess we will have to see how 25% damage reduction works in 6 man/small scale. Some people here acting like 50% regular reduction wasn’t necessary, from my perspective as a Slayer I kinda feel like it was necessary. The change seems like it will end up with Slayer being too squish to be guarded by a 2h so one or the other should be replaced in the grp comp.
Question is what are you going to guard with a 2h tank now? Another 2h tank? A tankier-specced MDPS like Monstro Mara? Because I see no other use outside of the mentioned classes as just about everything else is going to be too squishy with 25% guard to bother.

Agreed, idk, maybe melee WP lol? On Order WL and Slayer are already squishy with 50%
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Tesq

Post#275 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am

Spoiler:
Drozen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 am
Drozen wrote: The extra avoidens from block is simply to important.
Htl stack at max 3 times 1 tank can go 2h with out whole wb loose anything and he can benefith from s+b htl too...you just going brain dead here.... I posted my rr 70 2h bg wb build /stats at page 12 go read it to have an idea of how much a bg can be more durable than a chosen and bring a lot of usefull stuff on the table.
I saw it, I dont agree with you for two cents and I have one bg with even better stats for that job. That is not the issue, you as a tank is there to soak up dmg and mitigated dmg for you wb. Yea 10% extra crit is Nice and not a negative.but it dont beat having 2x snb chosen & bo in each group. Before nerfs to kotbs/chosen you could have 1 of those in the wb for buffs/debuff but they where still tanks. It is simply determed to what lvl you wanna play it at, do you wanna play at "optimal" settings or just settle for a "tank Who migh guard and stay in range" you need to provider maximim coveridge for your dps simple as that, and if the tank remove 30-40% Block to that He become less tanky in a setting where dmg is very high and sustained then add guard dmg to that.. No, before yes 2h could have been ok in wb's, not atm if you wanna go optimal setup.
Wanna challenge in building? Show me this bg build /stats then we will see if is appropriate. And your judgement is well repost.

Drozen

Post#276 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am
Spoiler:
Drozen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 am

Wanna challenge in building? Show me this bg build /stats then we will see if is appropriate. And your judgement is well repost.
Complitly of topic, topic aint "a 2h bg is valid for wb" but the issue here is guard change... But i will humor you.

https://i.imgur.com/8FiR2Ei.png

https://i.imgur.com/JJWyCO5.png
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Jaycub

Post#277 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 am

Peter weren't you put on the team to bring competitive perspective to the staff which at the time had none? I mean at the time me and a lot of people I knew were at least happy they seemed to care enough to grab you but idk how you would even let this change go through or if you have no power. But I see you damage controlling in the thread so who knows.

Either way the staff bringing forward such a huge change, one that any decent 6 man or organized WB tank player (RIP) would instantly say is retarded, not only that but destro biased as hell without even testing the waters with the community is pretty absurd.

Wasn't the last big stink on RoR about the staff being out of touch with the playerbase?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

blakokami

Post#278 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:59 am

These changes to 2h tanks are yet another in a long line of dumbass changes from very very bad players that are on the staff. Most of the staff is utter garbage at this game and have no idea what is going on. Heard Yaliskah was behind this specific change. If so it wouldn't surprise me but please revert this change. Hopefully the staff is willing to see that they are (r word) and do whats right
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
adamthelc

Post#279 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:08 am

Never had any problem playing my BG S/B in scenarios and feeling worthless. If I did I would have done something else. Didnt need them to nerf 2h guard.

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#280 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:10 am

Finally the magic range dps won't be able to wall hack!

Guard change awesome job, i'm tired of facing premades that where all 2H SM and Kotbs, that **** was mad crazy

love da new changes, breakin da meta is alwayz a gud thing,

Why are 2H players so mad about this change? i've alwayz knew that guards are overpowered, secretly i want em to be a 10s buff on a 20s cooldown, perma guard just ask for players to play as bots followin da main dps. It's a non-skill overpowered ability. Guards are one of the main reasons this game is unbalanced as fuuck. Why are "Organized" guild warbands so much better than PUG warbands? it is because of the composition which is 2/2/2, each dps has their guard, this makes so much easy for guild warband to beat on the not perfect composition pug warband. That in regards of RvR, now you can apply the same principle to smallscale scenario gameplay. You wanna play casual? solo roam / sc? gud luck with that because you will face "organized" premades, which is just a bunch of 2Hander tanks players that guarbot and /assist the main dps. So skilled!
I love massive fights, but what i don't like is watching how one side gets rekt just because there is 1 or 2 guild warbands playing. It's bullying the PUGs that hurts me. I know this game is suposed to be played as a coordinated team, but sometimes you just don't get to do that. What i would recommend on future patches is to balance Organized vs PUGs. Because following leader+guardbot holdin da line+spammin aoe gets boring when you win too easy.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86