Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#201 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm

mikke wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:58 pm Dear devs, do u plan to add any new weapons in the nearest future or we may buy doomsday weps w\o any fear?
We do plan to add new weapons, but not to that vendor. If you have the currency, go for it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
berneke91

Post#202 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:20 pm So 2h-s are no longer tanks now (which they were) but they still can't perform dps or even bruiser roles too. It would be much better if that restriction was moved to Focused Offense tactic so any player, that wanted to dps, could pick it and had less tank utility but better offensive capabilities and other players, who wanted to play 2h as a defensive/utility tanks, could continue to play as they played before. Though current change just kinda ruined experience of a good portion of tanks on the server and didn't give them any other good alternatives.
As a Black Orc this pretty much is a spot on analyzsis.
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:59 pm We do plan to add new weapons, but not to that vendor. If you have the currency, go for it.
Any chance or thoughts on adding cosmetic items purchaseable with Paragon and exemplar currency? Cuz that seems like an excellente use for them since most people nowadays atleast just use em for renown pots.
Last edited by berneke91 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

Charon

Post#203 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Telen wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm
bloodi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm Lets just say, for a minute, that you are not actually dead wrong, which you are by the way.

So, your SM, a single class, the one that does the most damage of all tanks i may add, dictates how every other tank does damage?

Because, it really does not, Kobts/IB damage is nowhere near close, so we should balance around the tank that can actualyl dish decent damage? Even if its nowhere close to a proper dps?

They still dont have HD, like AM/WP have in their dps spec or a charge, like WP has in their dps spec or detaunts, like dps do.

They lack many of the tools a dps has, thats beside the damage but you are here, convincing us this is fair because you top damage charts in scs as your SM?

Seriously, **** off.
That WP/Dok spec was rolled back. Tanks have great buffs/debuffs that buff their assist dmg. It isnt just their own dmg you have to account for its the heavy increase it provides to other dps. No class gets all the tools.
Telen are you one of cofounder of those guard changes or ........why the f... are you arguing here.

2h tank does not mean that he is dps and those changes move into the rubbish basket whole conception of 2h tank.
Guard changes remove completly deff 2h from the game and even strongly discredit whole idea of off 2h. Even str based 2h sm is far from normal dps capabilities.
Last edited by Charon on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

buff

Post#204 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 pm

This game was starting to turn into Tankhammer.

Telen
Suspended

Post#205 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Charon wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:01 pm Telen are you one of cofounder of those guard changes or ........why the f... are you arguing here.

2h tank does not mean that he is dps and those changes move into the rubbish basket whole conception of 2h tank.
Guard changes remove completly deff 2h from the game and even strongly discredit whole idea of off 2h. Even str based 2h sm is far from normal dps capabilities.
I just agree with it. This isnt a new suggestion alot of long time players suggested it years ago.. Crazy that people can have other opinions from playing for 10 years. Ive played tanks and Ive always played 2h. Its just better. With this change I would probably go snb.
Last edited by Telen on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sizer

Post#206 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Thank you for these changes, they are exactly what the game needed. I was a little surprised that it took so long (they debated this change on live but never implemented it) but I can't complain.

To all the people complaining you will just need to learn to adapt. Cloth healers have been forced to do that for the better part of a decade (counting live). 6 mans will still work, the only thing being nerfed is the 2x 2h tank and 2x mdps setup, there are plenty of other compositions out there that are viable and will be even more so now
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Wiede

Post#207 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Hm... reading forever in this forum that for smallscale you have to go 2h tank in any case and playing snb is only for wb... changing guard that way is a very good way to balance this, not kidding.

Thumbs up!

Ugle

Post#208 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm

The only thing you'll achieve is 2h tanks wont bother playing, cuz frankly snb is boring as hell in smallscale, and then you'll have ppl crying WHY NO GUARD?!?!? Except Telen ofc..
inactive

Ads
buff

Post#209 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:19 pm

It's funny they didn't nerf tank damage at all just guard and since it is still so OP to make your DPS be able to run glass cannon while taking 50% less damage that most will go SnB. This was needed ages ago and doesn't go far enough.

Telen
Suspended

Post#210 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Ugle wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:15 pm The only thing you'll achieve is 2h tanks wont bother playing, cuz frankly snb is boring as hell in smallscale, and then you'll have ppl crying WHY NO GUARD?!?!? Except Telen ofc..
I dont know I think having something other than 2x2h 2xmdps meta would make it more fun for everyone.