Server Patch notes 22/09/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Server Patch notes 22/09/2018

Post#21 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 am

Nidwin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am
oaliaen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm Another thing choppa isnt included: choppa pull is 360° so dosnt required " line of sight " right?
I don't play a Choppa so can't tell but Chaotic Rift (Magus) is (or was) 360° too, same for Engineer's EM I presume.

I could be wrong, confirmed or denied by devs, but I don't think the change is about the 360°/65ft range, but direct LoS between Magus/Engie and potential pulled victims.

If there's an obstacle between my Magus and an order player that makes me impossible to target that order player, I won't be able to rift that order player in because the lack of a proper LoS.

This is a needed fix for Magus/Engies. There's nothing more annoying than properly positioning yourself, taking situational advantage of your surroundings, kicking of a rift and being screwed up.

On the subject of rift and electro magnet. Can we get rid of that pointless delay for both skills. It was a mistake to bring rift on par with EM by adding an addiotnal delay to chaotic rift. It should have been the other way around, get rid of EM's delay and be done. Rift and EM already have a 1s cast time, requiring us to stand still and hope and pray for a miracle.
Both Engi and Rift are 360 and so is git to da choppa. As previously stated the choppa ability was not modified because at a glace it looked like it was doing the check already. When I have time I can go through it and check that one as well to make sure and address it if needed.

For the delay I would not change it because of how magnet works. It would look wonky

Ads
Nidwin

Post#22 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 am Both Engi and Rift are 360 and so is git to da choppa. As previously stated the choppa ability was not modified because at a glace it looked like it was doing the check already. When I have time I can go through it and check that one as well to make sure and address it if needed (a1).

For the delay I would not change it because of how magnet works. It would look wonky. (a2)
a1.
Thanks Natherul, much appreciated, when you have some time left of course.

a2.
And it does feel extremely weird on a Magus because of that delay.
1s cast
Magus does the usual waaaaagh sound and rift animation and
nothing, nothing, nothing -> woops something is finaly happening.

I do understand that both skills need to be balanced towards each other.
I don't play an Engie but is the wonky look linked to it's animation and shortening it would feels weird?
Just an idea, if linked to the setup and animation of electromagnet.

Revert Chaotic Rift and get rid of the delay while making Electromagnet insta-cast if possible. But as I don't play an Engie I've no idea if this would make it still wonky, depending when the animation starts.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Post#23 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 am

OP updated with hotfix notes

Hargrim
Developer

Post#24 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am

I'd love someone to test how the aggro and heal aggro behave right now after the hot fix. Kindly post here.

Gangan

Post#25 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:31 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 am
Spoiler:
Nidwin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am
oaliaen wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm Another thing choppa isnt included: choppa pull is 360° so dosnt required " line of sight " right?
I don't play a Choppa so can't tell but Chaotic Rift (Magus) is (or was) 360° too, same for Engineer's EM I presume.

I could be wrong, confirmed or denied by devs, but I don't think the change is about the 360°/65ft range, but direct LoS between Magus/Engie and potential pulled victims.

If there's an obstacle between my Magus and an order player that makes me impossible to target that order player, I won't be able to rift that order player in because the lack of a proper LoS.

This is a needed fix for Magus/Engies. There's nothing more annoying than properly positioning yourself, taking situational advantage of your surroundings, kicking of a rift and being screwed up.

On the subject of rift and electro magnet. Can we get rid of that pointless delay for both skills. It was a mistake to bring rift on par with EM by adding an addiotnal delay to chaotic rift. It should have been the other way around, get rid of EM's delay and be done. Rift and EM already have a 1s cast time, requiring us to stand still and hope and pray for a miracle.
Both Engi and Rift are 360 and so is git to da choppa. As previously stated the choppa ability was not modified because at a glace it looked like it was doing the check already. When I have time I can go through it and check that one as well to make sure and address it if needed.

For the delay I would not change it because of how magnet works. It would look wonky
Shouldn't the delay on EM be removed anyway?
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:13 am [Abilities]
[...]
Engineer
- Electromagnet's pull applies as soon as the cast ends, instead of being delayed to match the animation.

[...]
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

MayoDaen78

Post#26 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am

odoc wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm where do i find gunbad quests,back to gunbad,death from above,i went into gunbad didnt see them,went to dwarf king,didnt see them,check girl by flymaster,thx,SM still broken blade enchantments,it wont let me drop screen shots into box......anyways heaven blade is at 0%/0%....vaul is wounds now,instead of damage bubble

Yes I have noticed this about the bug of HB, dont worry, I have filed a bug report on this HB bug, and it will be fixed on next client patch update. Just be patient and let the devs work on it properly. Phantom Blade is not a bug , it has been changed on last patch from bubble ( absorb shield) to wounds buff now that affects the SM and the group.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

zak68

Post#27 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:57 am

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am I'd love someone to test how the aggro and heal aggro behave right now after the hot fix. Kindly post here.
prerequisites ?

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#28 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:07 am I'd love someone to test how the aggro and heal aggro behave right now after the hot fix. Kindly post here.
If you are talking about yesterday evening hotfix (with system message about agro fix), looks like agro is still messed up.

We were in gunbad (middle) before it dropped and were wiping nonstop on spider, cause our shaman was gaining agro like crazy.

After hotfix restart we went leftwing and had same problem on wyvern/squigg boss. Our shamans (had 2 in party after restart) had in times more agro on them than tanks, even as they dindu nuffin' in times. We all had subtlety tactic on and I have not expirienced same problem on my DoK.

Hope it helpes.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#29 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm talking about hotfix from today ~2 hours back :).

wonshot

Post#30 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Nidwin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 am a2.
And it does feel extremely weird on a Magus because of that delay.
1s cast
Magus does the usual waaaaagh sound and rift animation and
nothing, nothing, nothing -> woops something is finaly happening.

I do understand that both skills need to be balanced towards each other.
I don't play an Engie but is the wonky look linked to it's animation and shortening it would feels weird?
Just an idea, if linked to the setup and animation of electromagnet.

Revert Chaotic Rift and get rid of the delay while making Electromagnet insta-cast if possible. But as I don't play an Engie I've no idea if this would make it still wonky, depending when the animation starts.
Hello fellow "puller" I already made a proposal about this a couple weeks back, since it has not been adressed or opened for conversation I assume stuff is being done in the background or this is simply not a change the ballancing team is interested in:
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=28159

Apart from that I strongly agree that the approach should have been to bring EM to the same no-delay version as Rift back when it was first changed, right now the gameplay is too fast for a 1sec delay to be any sort of reliably in the open.

As for if the animation feels wonky, that is not something I as a player care too much about but understand how devs will not like such a thing. I just sensirely hope we will see this change, that apart from the off animation, i havnt heard a single arguement against. Neither in regards of overtuned, overpowered, or metabreaking.

Anyways logging in to see how lord behaviour is after the hotfix, and if snares and other debuffs still stick around after death.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO