Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
tazdingo

Re: Client Changelog 01/09/2018

Post#101 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 am

ashton007 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:22 am Im guessing this new chosen/kobs mechanic is about to half their already non-existent damage?
yep, it's gonna suck. it hasn't happened, there's no information, a thousand possibilities on what it could be but it's definitely gonna do that and be terrible, so we all might as well just give up on those classes

everyone, we're deleting our knights and chosen in protest of something that hasn't yet, but may possibly, probably won't, maybe sort of might somewhat happen. you're either with me and ashton, or you're against us

Ads
Sulorie

Post#102 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:53 am

Athergic wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 am Whats the point of outta my face burning rage? It makes me not want to use it in certain situations. I understand certain abilities are designed to exhaust rage, but on the aoe detaunt it doesn't make sense to me.

So I can't aoe detaunt and knock down a target, or use a finisher like cd increaser right after aoe detaunt, it just seems to cater to people who can't burn their rage properly and there are already many ways to do so.
How about burning your rage with kd/cd increaser before detaunting then?
Using 2 gcd to properly detaunt before was abysmal with a high ap low duration detaunt on top of it.
Btw you are not aware that your follow-up attack breaks the detaunt?
Such a short detaunt you only use to gtfo, you stop fighting.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#103 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 am

tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 am
ashton007 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:22 am Im guessing this new chosen/kobs mechanic is about to half their already non-existent damage?
yep, it's gonna suck. it hasn't happened, there's no information, a thousand possibilities on what it could be but it's definitely gonna do that and be terrible, so we all might as well just give up on those classes

everyone, we're deleting our knights and chosen in protest of something that hasn't yet, but may possibly, probably won't, maybe sort of might somewhat happen. you're either with me and ashton, or you're against us
about info, you can just put cursor on the new carrier....

-10/10 meccanic points
-regen 2 mec x sec
-consume 1 x sec for every aura

raw you cannot keep up anymore 3x aura 100% of the time

Azarael

Post#104 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:58 am

That is part of it. But it's not the meat of it.

tazdingo

Post#105 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 am about info, you can just put cursor on the new carrier....

-10/10 meccanic points
-regen 2 mec x sec

if that was the be all end all, why would it be done in such a needlessly convoluted way instead of just changing a single number in the code from 3 to 2? why would they bother with the new career mechanic icon if all that was planned was a 2 aura limit? it only takes a somewhat reasonable person a few seconds to deduce that there is going to be more to it than this

Tesq

Post#106 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:20 am

tazdingo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 am
Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 am about info, you can just put cursor on the new carrier....

-10/10 meccanic points
-regen 2 mec x sec

if that was the be all end all, why would it be done in such a needlessly convoluted way instead of just changing a single number in the code from 3 to 2? why would they bother with the new career mechanic icon if all that was planned was a 2 aura limit? it only takes a somewhat reasonable person a few seconds to deduce that there is going to be more to it than this
I said raw in fact...aka for what you can read...

Telen
Suspended

Post#107 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 pm

AM healing is absolutely fine even with AP drain change. In fact being able to strip a blessing from time to time is an offensive buff to them.Wild Healing still shines. Casting BE to mechanic into a 16ap gheal means you dont have ap issues. Hot/cleanse to build mechanic for CoM Fury or BE the same.

Brizio

Post#108 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:20 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 pm AM healing is absolutely fine even with AP drain change. In fact being able to strip a blessing from time to time is an offensive buff to them.Wild Healing still shines. Casting BE to mechanic into a 16ap gheal means you dont have ap issues. Hot/cleanse to build mechanic for CoM Fury or BE the same.
Vaul
- Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul are no longer undefendable, and are instead tooltipped as 20% Strikethrough.

I disagree. Any Isha AM that rely on BE wont do a good job. EVERYTHING get disrupted too frequently. You cant rely on BE to heal anyone unless its undefendable. Thats insanity!

Ads
Athergic

Post#109 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:53 am
Athergic wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:09 am Whats the point of outta my face burning rage? It makes me not want to use it in certain situations. I understand certain abilities are designed to exhaust rage, but on the aoe detaunt it doesn't make sense to me.

So I can't aoe detaunt and knock down a target, or use a finisher like cd increaser right after aoe detaunt, it just seems to cater to people who can't burn their rage properly and there are already many ways to do so.
How about burning your rage with kd/cd increaser before detaunting then?
Using 2 gcd to properly detaunt before was abysmal with a high ap low duration detaunt on top of it.
Btw you are not aware that your follow-up attack breaks the detaunt?
Such a short detaunt you only use to gtfo, you stop fighting.
I am aware how detaunts work, thanks for the perspective.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Sulorie

Post#110 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Brizio wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:20 pm
Telen wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:09 pm AM healing is absolutely fine even with AP drain change. In fact being able to strip a blessing from time to time is an offensive buff to them.Wild Healing still shines. Casting BE to mechanic into a 16ap gheal means you dont have ap issues. Hot/cleanse to build mechanic for CoM Fury or BE the same.
Vaul
- Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul are no longer undefendable, and are instead tooltipped as 20% Strikethrough.

I disagree. Any Isha AM that rely on BE wont do a good job. EVERYTHING get disrupted too frequently. You cant rely on BE to heal anyone unless its undefendable. Thats insanity!
When there is no trouble with disrupt on heal shaman lifetaps, I doubt there is trouble for heal AM. it is the opposite, you only do a good job, when using lifetaps in heal build.
Dying is no option.