Recent Topics

Ads

Unpacking error?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
kasirkin

Unpacking error?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:49 am

I get the following error when I double click on the launcher exe

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer online\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

Any ideas?

Ads
Lileldys

Re: Unpacking error?

Post#2 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 am

Have you tried running as an administrator?

stefanosgr17

Post#3 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:13 pm

kasirkin wrote:I get the following error when I double click on the launcher exe

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer online\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

Any ideas?
Yeah i had the same problem with the torrent...i download it to User/Downloads and than copied tha filder to /Program Files (X86) but when i opened launcher it gave me that error too...

Powned

Post#4 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello all , i have the same problem , install in "Program" folder , what can i do to play ?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Powned wrote:Hello all , i have the same problem , install in "Program" folder , what can i do to play ?
You used the download links, or did you install from the discs?

Powned

Post#6 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:59 pm

download links 1 to 10 , i can't install DirectX on my windows 10 but i doon't that this is the error, i have put the launcher in war online folder ( no delete the official launcher / delete the official launcher ) but it doesn't work

Powned

Post#7 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:01 pm

i think the RORlauncher archiv is corrupted

famhofai

Post#8 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:29 am

have new RORlauncher?

Ads
stefanosgr17

Post#9 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:56 am

kasirkin wrote:I get the following error when I double click on the launcher exe

Error unpacking:

Any ideas?
I found the solution.You need to take Full control of the folder.Right click on it>properties>Security>Edit>Check all Allow ticks>Press ok>Try to un-check read-only files from Warhammer folder>Run it :)

Powned

Post#10 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:48 pm

i have found the error for me , i have select the principal folder of the game ( Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning ) , clic on properties and discatived "read only" for all the files of the folder .

i'm an play now , amazing !!!!