Recent Topics

Ads

Unpacking error?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
StarMechs

Install Error

Post#11 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:54 am

My copy of War just came in today and there is a problem with the setup installation. It says Error copying C:\data1\miles\*.* . Can someone please help me with this issue, I would love to be able to play this game has soon has possible.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Unpacking error?

Post#12 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:37 pm

You're using the discs of the game? They won't work, use the download links provided on our site.

Gargolock

Post#13 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:29 am

i tried the unchecking read only and i click apply then nothing happens and if i go to properties again its still checked please help. i get this error every time i load up the launcher. by the way Nolan is my name and thats why its in there. i have tried taking full control. please help
Error unpacking:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Nolan\Downloads\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

EDIT: i opened u torrent and it was still seeding i just had to right click it and remove it from u torrent now it works

Jbake777

Post#14 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:01 am

stefanosgr17 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:56 am
kasirkin wrote:I get the following error when I double click on the launcher exe

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhammer online\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

Any ideas?
I found the solution.You need to take Full control of the folder.Right click on it>properties>Security>Edit>Check all Allow ticks>Press ok>Try to un-check read-only files from Warhammer folder>Run it :)
This worked!! Thank you!!