Recent Topics

Ads

d3dx9_34.dll missing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Pixie126

d3dx9_34.dll missing

Post#1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:52 am

I downloaded the game via torrent and after putting the launcher in the folder and setting it off read only, when I attempt to run the launcher (as admin and not), I get an error saying the program can't start because d3dx9_34.dll is missing. I have downloaded the torrent twice with the same result. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Ads
Sildur

Re: d3dx9_34.dll missing

Post#2 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 am

Install dx9 runtime from microsoft or google for the .dlls and put them in your warhammer folder.

Sildur

Post#3 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 am

Install dx9 runtime from microsoft or google for the .dlls and put them in your warhammer folder.

Pixie126

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:07 am

Thanks so much! Got it up and running!
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Puffin

Post#5 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey guys, I am having the same issue but the dx 9 runtime will NOT run on windows 10, I'm sure there is a quick solution but I am yet to find it, any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Puffin.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:21 pm

install dx12 it should be reverse compatible.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Puffin

Post#7 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply, not for lack of trying to install dx12 and to look like an idiot I have no idea how to do this. Could you by any chance post a link, every official looking link directs me to reinstall windows 10, and every other link just downloads pointless programmes onto my computer... I am truly lost on where to find an actual direct x12 install without Microsoft trying to re-sell me windows 10. many thanks if you could point me in the right direction!

Puffin.

Puffin

Post#8 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 pm

...Further to above and to confuse, before any helpful person replies, I have just dl Silverlight which informs me I have windows 10 and dx12, :? so I have 12... but not the dx9 part I need, and I cant dl the dx9 part I need because I have windows 10.. :shock: any help, greatly accepted :)

Puffin.

Ads
Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:10 pm

did you try to install/reinstall your gpu driver? often this solves problems with directx
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

Puffin

Post#10 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 pm

:D Thank you so much for the help guys, its good to know your here!.. and no I didn't Tiggo, but! if anyone else has this problem I used this site to download this exact missing dx9, http://www.dllme.com/dll/download/9608/d3dx9_34.dll, put it into my Warhammer folder like Sildur suggested, job done! thanks muchly, hopefully see you all in game soon! :D