Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
nortes

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#91 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 am

xubuntu 16.04:
playonlinux
wine staging 2.19 (32bit)
d3dx9
dotnet4.0
enabled CSMT
replacement of the file "data.myp", as recommended in this topic by posts earlier(without replacing this, the game is loaded, but nothing happens at the moment of server selection)

Game works almost perfect! Sometimes there are small glitches with sounds, but in general for 8 days, there was not a single crash or bugs(not counting those that are in the game itself) :)

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#92 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 am

For password change I'd suggest using only lower case, upper case and numbers and up to 8 characters. Sorry for low security!

Amitrya

Post#93 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Does linux wine have the terrain shader bug or is that only mac wine?

nortes

Post#94 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Amitrya wrote:Does linux wine have the terrain shader bug or is that only mac wine?
I believe there is no such bug there, because all the textures look exactly like on windows

guran

Post#95 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:02 pm

I just cant get it to work, there is just problem after problem although it feels like I'm close. :)

As I have written before I have tried with winetricks and the original launcher with huge .Net problems. Now I've been trying with the ror_launch, the game starts and I get to the start screen where I can change settings etc. The problem is that there are no server selection on the screen as I guess it should be. A friend has sent me his data.myp so I have replaced that file but still no go.

After a while I get a "Critical Error" saying:

Code: Select all

Authentication failed application will now terminate
Which leads to a lot of unspecific solutions on the forum about antivirus etc..

Amitrya

Post#96 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 am

guran wrote:I just cant get it to work, there is just problem after problem although it feels like I'm close. :)

As I have written before I have tried with winetricks and the original launcher with huge .Net problems. Now I've been trying with the ror_launch, the game starts and I get to the start screen where I can change settings etc. The problem is that there are no server selection on the screen as I guess it should be. A friend has sent me his data.myp so I have replaced that file but still no go.

After a while I get a "Critical Error" saying:

Code: Select all

Authentication failed application will now terminate
Which leads to a lot of unspecific solutions on the forum about antivirus etc..
You need the patched data.myp from https://github.com/ThiconZ/Return-of-Re ... g/v1.0.0.3

sigz

Post#97 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Amitrya wrote:Does linux wine have the terrain shader bug or is that only mac wine?
I'm having that bug on linux (same as screenshot on first page of this thread)

nortes

Post#98 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 pm

For more than a month in game, I can say that in general the game is runs well, but i have annoying lags during battles(not always, but this is especially noticeable when around more than 10 players), even with the graphics settings set to minimum. I wonder if this is the problem of the game itself or i miss some wine settings?.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#99 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:41 am

nortes wrote:For more than a month in game, I can say that in general the game is runs well, but i have annoying lags during battles(not always, but this is especially noticeable when around more than 10 players), even with the graphics settings set to minimum. I wonder if this is the problem of the game itself or i miss some wine settings?.
Try wine-staging-pba
first wine-staging lets you enable CSMT which pushes rendering to another CPU thread.
then pba reduces stalls on GPU waits quite a bit.

here is the info about the pba patches: https://comminos.com/posts/2018-02-21-w ... iling.html
heres the github page: https://github.com/acomminos/wine-pba

and if you don't know how to compile then use Lutris, i hear it has wine pba builds.

edit: but i remember from the old times that this game ran pretty bad on windows also back in 2010 or so when i last used windows. But i was handling 10-20 players fine, bigger fights were slideshow
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

bichka

Post#100 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 am

isn't staging is not in development anymore?
also isn't few or most their patches is already in main wine branch?
maybe i am wrong but even CSMT is here, but can be enabled only via registry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wine_gaming/co ... t_support/

however i switched from staging to usual WINE long toime ago and don't see any downsides.

#pkg info -x wine
i386-wine-3.0,1
wine-gecko-2.40
winetricks-20180217