Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
bichka

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#111 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:52 pm

seems some wine issue, updated it successefully under win7

Ads
nortes

Post#112 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 am

Report after more than six months of the game.
I found out that the wine 3.2-staging is working. It seems even better than the previous one. After setting the graphics to the minimum, including disabling the display of player names, it became much more comfortable to play. Crashes is very rare, for all the time it was no more than 2-3 times. Well, in general, apparently, the client has become much more adequate in the work under wine :)

nortes

Post#113 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:05 am

bichka wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:04 pm anyone updated to new cleint? mine is crashing every time it's gong to check/update checksums of myp files

oh gosh, anyone is able to torrent updated game?

at 30% i getting this

tried few times, same result.
After last update i have same problem, but this error appears then i try launch new updated client(update itself goes fine). I try almost everything... even patching client under win 7 seems like not working :/
Anyone else have same problem?

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#114 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:37 pm

yes.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#115 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:15 pm

If it fails verifying at the same myp every time, delete the myp and it will re-download.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

nortes

Post#116 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:15 pm If it fails verifying at the same myp every time, delete the myp and it will re-download.
Seems like its not .myp problem, its a problem with RoRLauncher itself :/ It's like a everything was fine until the last patch >> I launch the client, it requires updating>> update, judging by what I see, affects only the launcher itself >> launcher updated. I tryin start RoRLauncher - and further the described error window. I specifically tried to replace the launcher with an earlier version and it starts up, but naturally it requires updating.
I understand that the problem of launching the game under Linux are not among the problems solved by the development team (but to be honest, I am extremely grateful that the client began to work much better), I just would like to understand what could happen to the launcher after the update..

gemgem

Post#117 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:29 am

game over keep crash by Hotfix 25.11.2018 RoRLauncher update

now I had to update with virtualbox if i cant patch
play stable wine+ror_launch without dotnet installed

ror_launch link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6043&start=80

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#118 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm

i did the update on my laptop now and no problem there. but it seems the launcher didn't change at all no twitter icon and s...

Ads
nortes

Post#119 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 am

ufthakk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 pm i did the update on my laptop now and no problem there. but it seems the launcher didn't change at all no twitter icon and s...
I'm more interested in how to get around the update launcher? ...so as the main problem in it

nortes

Post#120 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Problem solved!
http://www.sixpiwan.com/ftp/WAR/shared/files.zip from this link, i take mythloginserviceconfig.xml and RoRLauncher.exe , launcher need update as usual, but then all works!! :o