Recent Topics

Ads

A fix for "Error Downloading HTTP"

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
DEADJACK

A fix for "Error Downloading HTTP"

Post#1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:09 am

Hello ladies and gentlemens,

I had an issue that prevented me from logging into the game as follows :
"
Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'D:\Games\Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRLauncher.Client.gpO8GoqNcbiQP8YRNvx(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
à RoRLauncher.Client.pyZgX2Lkf7(Object , Object )
"

The quote here "L'accès au chemin d'accès 'D:\Games\Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe' est refusé." means in french : Path access to 'D:\Games\Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe' has been refused.

To solve this i've read few posts about it and figured out randomly how to get ride of it.
I renamed the game folder (RoK as an example), restarted the game launcher to trigger the same error and then renamed the game folder with the ancien name as follows: Return of Reckoning (be ware yours might be different, i don't know wich one is given by default during installation).

I hope it helps !

Cheers,
Nicolas from France.

Characters :
Talset- Chosen, Skullshank-Choppa, Gniakgniak-shaman

Ads