Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman "path of mork" not working for me!

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
phononHYPE

Re: Shaman "path of mork" not working for me!

Post#11 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:01 am

I had this with my L19 chosen and Dreadful Terror ability. I had +1 Path of Dread from armor set and would not give me the ability after training it, regardless of zoning or resetting. I made L21 and it stopped being an issue, but similar problem over-all.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
licenje

Post#12 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:54 am

so if you have +1 to skills on gear and you are not 40, evry time bolster apply you lose that +1, so if you use +1 on gear and you take tactic/skill you will lose it evry time bolster apply... so you need one skill point above skill or tactic in tree to be able to use it... this is gone on lvl 40 since you dont get bolster anymore.

Rydiak

Post#13 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:20 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:47 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:34 pm You might need clvl 27 for it to work, don't think bolster overrides level requirements on abilities/tactics (doesn't on equipment), but might be wrong haven't really tested.
Abilities and tactics from mastery trees have no level requirements.
Just for accuracy sake, apparently there ARE level requirements on tactics from masteries, except the requirements are hidden from the user.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19779
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Sulorie

Post#14 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:15 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:20 pm
BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:34 pm You might need clvl 27 for it to work, don't think bolster overrides level requirements on abilities/tactics (doesn't on equipment), but might be wrong haven't really tested.
Just for accuracy sake, apparently there ARE level requirements on tactics from masteries, except the requirements are hidden from the user.

So this is a bug for now but supposed to be fixed in the future?
Dying is no option.

Rydiak

Post#15 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Seems to be intentional from how it was described. Some of the level requirements are messed up though per my last post in the bug-report.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Keula

Post#16 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:15 pm
Rydiak wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:20 pm

So this is a bug for now but supposed to be fixed in the future?
I would guess it's related to originally being a normal tactic that you unlocked at x level and it retained that when it was moved to mastery tactic.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Rydiak

Post#17 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm

No, from the bugtracker discussion it appears that tactics and abilities from mastery trees have level requirements, but you normally would never notice because you'd be high enough level by the time you could unlock them. However, some tactics and abilities appear to have bugged requirements, and others can be accessed sooner by using armor that adds to mastery level.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:37 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm No, from the bugtracker discussion it appears that tactics and abilities from mastery trees have level requirements, but you normally would never notice because you'd be high enough level by the time you could unlock them. However, some tactics and abilities appear to have bugged requirements, and others can be accessed sooner by using armor that adds to mastery level.
This would be a perfect reason to re-adjust those level req, because it makes no sense.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#19 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 pm

If your gear (like keeper set for example, happens alot) gives you +1 in a tree, and you buy an ability with it, but you aren't technically supposed to get it until you get another mastery point via leveling, the game just gets confused and the ability is only usable in rvr, till you actually hit the level you are technically supposed to use it, could be what is happening here.

Rydiak

Post#20 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:37 pm
Rydiak wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 pm No, from the bugtracker discussion it appears that tactics and abilities from mastery trees have level requirements, but you normally would never notice because you'd be high enough level by the time you could unlock them. However, some tactics and abilities appear to have bugged requirements, and others can be accessed sooner by using armor that adds to mastery level.
This would be a perfect reason to re-adjust those level req, because it makes no sense.
Well, bolstering would boost you up to a level where you could use the ability/tactic anyways, but yea it is a head-scratcher for most players when they purchase an ability/tactic at a trainer (not bolstered) and yet nothing happens on their hotbars/tactic bar. Ideally the tactics and abilities should have their level requirement all reduced by 1 because of +mastery armor bonuses, but I don't know if this will break other things.