Recent Topics

Ads

Game keeps crashing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Fantasmo

Game keeps crashing

Post#1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:00 pm

The title says it all ... got the sound file repaced , start it up as admin , repaired , swith to 3é , crash , swith 64 crash ....
desperate
but hey happy new year !

Ads
jollyreader

Re: Game keeps crashing

Post#2 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 pm

I too am having this problem. tried the 32-64 trick, multiple times to no avail. have also repaired twice. am i going to have to reinstall the game again? took 2 days last time..

Valarion

Post#3 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm

How far into the game is it loading into and are you crashing completely to desktop or are you crashing back to the RoR login screen?

Also, make sure you are following all of the instructions precisely here (including removing the read only attribute for all sub folders)

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 03#p478838
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

jollyreader

Post#4 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:23 pm

i personally crash to the launcher again and im in game for maybe 10 seconds. i have done everything on the list for install and changed the audio file ect.

Lilim

Post#5 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:35 am

Hey,

could be also a broken install/files....If you want, you can jump on the RoR discord (link in my signature) and poke in #technical-advice

xpander
Community Management

Post#6 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:12 am

Install via torrent not directly via launcher.
do not install it into program files (could have weird permission issues)

if you follow the torrent guide on installing and do all the steps, you shouldn't have those problems, unless something is wrong with your hardware.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Gunthrik

Post#7 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:09 pm

Turn own your VPN. . . For some reason I was having the same problem. Turn it own an zero crashes. Turn it off I start crashing. Someone is DoS attacking.