Recent Topics

Ads

Windows 11 compatibility

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
frankystein65

Windows 11 compatibility

Post#1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:09 pm

did a superficial search and didn't find any posts regarding this. recently had to upgrade my PC and it came with Win11. most of my programs transferred without issue but I'm finding a couple that seem to not like Win11. I had to completely re install War from scratch, followed the instructions here on the forums. when I download and install the patcher, it allows me to set it to run it as admin and relaunch. then it starts to update and then removes it's self from my PC. I then re download the patcher and go through the same steps and the same thing happens. is there any known issues with Win11 and if so, any work arounds? thanks

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Windows 11 compatibility

Post#2 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 am

Your antivirus is removing it. Whitelist the folder.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

frankystein65

Post#3 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:44 am

Rydiak wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:55 am Your antivirus is removing it. Whitelist the folder.
yes thank you, I figured that out. apparently my new PC came with a free sub to McAffee that was automatic and ran behind windows defender. I removed the program and it seems to be updating now. thank you.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 am

frankystein65 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:44 am yes thank you, I figured that out. apparently my new PC came with a free sub to McAffee that was automatic and ran behind windows defender. I removed the program and it seems to be updating now. thank you.

Hey,

how is RoR running under Windows11....we haven't that much information now, would be nice if you can write a few lines :D

frankystein65

Post#5 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Lilim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:58 am
frankystein65 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:44 am yes thank you, I figured that out. apparently my new PC came with a free sub to McAffee that was automatic and ran behind windows defender. I removed the program and it seems to be updating now. thank you.

Hey,

how is RoR running under Windows11....we haven't that much information now, would be nice if you can write a few lines :D

absolutely, as soon as I log in. it seems I changed my password at some point. waiting for the link from the forum to change it. as soon as I get in I will gladly give my feedback.

szejoza

Post#6 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Hey,

I can say I've been playing on W11 for a few weeks now and had no issues (actually if I haven't seen that post I'd forgot I actually upgraded from W10). It's been all smooth sailing for me
Spoiler:

frankystein65

Post#7 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 pm

Hey,

sorry for the delay in response here. after a few updates and some password re sets, I finally have been able to log in and run around a bit. have to admit upfront that I not only upgraded my PC but also my internet connection as well. my old pc was a "frankenstien'd" pc that was more than enough to handle this game and I was on a 300 mbs connection. my experience on the game was much as it was from "live", depending on the population at the time. I've upgraded to 1 gbs but I'm connected via wifi now. to be honest, the game is really smooth now. the zones are rich and bright as well as a quick response time. I have not yet experienced a large group to really test things yet but so far the game has played the best it has ever for me and I've been playing since just after launch of Live. so take this for what it's worth so far. you can count on that I will let you know of any issues going forward. :)

Lilim
Community Management

Post#8 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:30 pm

Spoiler:
frankystein65 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 pm

Hey,

sorry for the delay in response here. after a few updates and some password re sets, I finally have been able to log in and run around a bit. have to admit upfront that I not only upgraded my PC but also my internet connection as well. my old pc was a "frankenstien'd" pc that was more than enough to handle this game and I was on a 300 mbs connection. my experience on the game was much as it was from "live", depending on the population at the time. I've upgraded to 1 gbs but I'm connected via wifi now. to be honest, the game is really smooth now. the zones are rich and bright as well as a quick response time. I have not yet experienced a large group to really test things yet but so far the game has played the best it has ever for me and I've been playing since just after launch of Live. so take this for what it's worth so far. you can count on that I will let you know of any issues going forward. :)
Hey,

thank you for your answer. :D

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#9 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:37 pm

Hey,

The same as it did under Windows 10, except the taskbar in Windows 11 cannot be adjusted and Warhammer itself cannot be moved around while in borderless windowed while not taking up the entire window, so the only solution is to run the game in a smaller window.

Shogun4138

Post#10 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**