Recent Topics

Ads

Server Update 29th June 2021.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Kaelang

Server Update 29th June 2021.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:20 pm

Please see below a relay and update from wargrimnir on behalf of the team regarding the recent server outages effecting Return of Reckoning service.

So here's some news.

The server host we're on is having issues. Kind of to be expected, it's getting pretty old (9+ years). Usually when servers lose the magic smoke things get pretty bad pretty quick. I know, I've been supporting servers for, well far too long.

What it currently looks like is the host CPU getting bogged down in ESXI for mysterious reasons (bug, leak, hardware failure), and in turn causing performance on all the VM's to tank trying to do just about anything. A lot of extraneous services are running on those VM's, which is why the population counter is missing from the website, the Discord bot has been a bit flaky, and the Launcher is showing offline occasionally.

The plan for right now is to let it ride for a day or so. See if whatever ESXI is chewing on in the background clears up, and hopefully never happens again.

Plan B - Big data moves to new hardware which, considering how performance is looking, could take many many many hours. 12-36 hours of downtime, maybe more.

We have all the backups, the technowizardry, and the wallet willpower to keep everything running regardless of the plan we take, so no worries there. For now, account activation is automatic, so if you didn't get an email making a new account, don't worry about it.

If you're new to the server, don't panic. We're not going anywhere, and will continue to offer world class support that you would expect from a real MMO company.

We will monitor the situation and update this thread should anything change along with our announcements via Discord.

We appreciate your patience during this time and understanding.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads