Recent Topics

Ads

Help!!! Stuck on Loading Screen

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
CannonFodder1

Help!!! Stuck on Loading Screen

Post#1 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:24 am

So my problem has been going on for a few weeks. I get stuck on the loading screen zoning into areas or after I release when I die in SC's or dungeons about 50-75% of the time. /stuck twice fast doesn't work, only /rel seems to work but I get a quitter debuff everytime. It seems to only do this on my Shaman and not with my SH. Tried turning all addons off, and settings are matched between my SH and Shaman but still no worky. Also deleted the cache and deleted my user profile for my shaman and copied over the original from the viny folder. Nothing works.
Running on Linux with Lutris. Tried changing runners and windows version in wine and still didn't work. Any help/Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: Help!!! Stuck on Loading Screen

Post#2 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:31 am

Just throwing in some ideas: Use launcher repair tool, replace data.myp, or interface.myp - should be redownloaded by launcher. Maybe account related ? idk, gl!

Lilim
Community Management

Post#3 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:53 am

CannonFodder1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:24 am So my problem has been going on for a few weeks. I get stuck on the loading screen zoning into areas or after I release when I die in SC's or dungeons about 50-75% of the time. /stuck twice fast doesn't work, only /rel seems to work but I get a quitter debuff everytime. It seems to only do this on my Shaman and not with my SH. Tried turning all addons off, and settings are matched between my SH and Shaman but still no worky. Also deleted the cache and deleted my user profile for my shaman and copied over the original from the viny folder. Nothing works.
Running on Linux with Lutris. Tried changing runners and windows version in wine and still didn't work. Any help/Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hey,

How did you download the game? Would guess a borked install or a borked patch :?:

CannonFodder1

Post#4 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:01 pm

@Lilim, I've been playing fine for a few months on Linux without this issue. Downloaded it through Lutris. Following Xpanders instructions

@ufthakk, I dont see an option on the launcher for a repair tool

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:39 pm

CannonFodder1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:01 pm @Lilim, I've been playing fine for a few months on Linux without this issue. Downloaded it through Lutris. Following Xpanders instructions

@ufthakk, I dont see an option on the launcher for a repair tool
hey,

just join the RoR Discord (link in my signature)...and poke in #technical-advice where we can help you.

Skullgrin

Post#6 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:06 pm

CannonFodder1 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:01 pm I dont see an option on the launcher for a repair tool

Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the launcher, it will open a new window that has the repair button. Click on that button, restart the launcher and it should check all of your game files and replace any that may have become corrupted.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

CannonFodder1

Post#7 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:16 am

So I was wrong it is happening on all my characters, with or without any addons.

My launcher does not show the repair button when clicking on the gear.

I'll try to reach out on Discord.

CannonFodder1

Post#8 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:57 pm

ufthakk wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:31 am Just throwing in some ideas: Use launcher repair tool, replace data.myp, or interface.myp - should be redownloaded by launcher. Maybe account related ? idk, gl!
Did all this and then repaired. I am still getting stuck on the loading screen on all toons. Most of the time when releasing during a scenario after death is where i get stuck, its happening almost 100% of the time. Please help.

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Sry do hear it didn't workout. Try to delete content of cache folder. Or maybe just try a new wineprefix or use your system wine.
There's also an older tool called playonlinux that can help u setup a new wineprefix if u have troubles with lutris.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35023 here u find a lot information that added up over time.
Maybe u could provide some information about your system, like what gpu vendor and what os version u using. Maybe something changed on your system and what could that be ?!? ;)
I Hope someone with real knowledge shows up and helps u ^^

xpander
Community Management

Post#10 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm

I think i remember your name. You had super ancient Hardware to play this game?
my guess for this issue is either your hard drive is starting to fail or you are running out of RAM, its starting to swap and then getting stuck because of this.

you can try replacing launcher with : http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
this has repair function to try it.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos