Recent Topics

Ads

Game is running very bad with a 2020 PC

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sunshinefuntime

Re: Game is running very bad with a 2020 PC

Post#11 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm

The game is from 2004ish, it is unoptimized and does not run well. I have a liquid cooled ryzen 5800x running at 5.2-5.4 ghz, with 32gb of quad channel cl14 ram.. literally one of the fastest single core processors in existence right now.. hardly any difference when I was playing this game. I can get stable 25- 30fps in a fort or big keep fight sure, but I can also get 100fps in New World fighting 200 players in a fort with awesome 1% lows.

Oh and the ranked server is extra slow... even with all effects turned off, i could barely crank out more than 20 fps+....

The mythic dev in a few days may be able to elaborate more, but this game has many pieces of code designed to account for lag here and there, some early issues when the game was released were found in this way; much of the games code was copy-paste from DAoC and that game engine had ways to account for lag that probably arent needed today.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:43 pm

sunshinefuntime wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:03 pm The game is from 2004ish, it is unoptimized and does not run well. I have a liquid cooled ryzen 5800x running at 5.2-5.4 ghz, with 32gb of quad channel cl14 ram.. literally one of the fastest single core processors in existence right now.. hardly any difference when I was playing this game. I can get stable 25- 30fps in a fort or big keep fight sure, but I can also get 100fps in New World fighting 200 players in a fort with awesome 1% lows.

Isn't biggest New World battle like 50vs50 without collision?
Dying is no option.

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Strange, I run ryzen 7 5800 with 16gb ram / RX570 and RoR has 166fps on average and 295 top fps (game breaks when fps exceed 275 though).
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Sulorie

Post#14 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm

Could you record fps during a fort or heavy rvr battle? :)
Dying is no option.

NSKaneda

Post#15 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm Could you record fps during a fort or heavy rvr battle? :)

Sure but there's no difference or fps drops. I keep laughing at the fact that RoR needs a machine that could run Cyberpunk2077 on ultra to run smoothly ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Omegus

Post#16 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Are you restarting the client before the fort? There are various performance bugs that only appear when the game has been running for a long time. By the time you get to the fort if you've been doing ORvR for a long time then the game is already set to break. This isn't to do with your hardware. Most people seem to have to regularly close the client and restart it after a lot of intense action to fix the performance bugs, regardless of what PC they own.

As for performance in general, out of pretty much everything you listed the main thing that matters is: 1) how fast your CPU can execute the 2008 instruction set on a single core (FYI other cores might be used for loading resources), and 2) how well your drivers can mitigate the overhead of a bajillion D3D9 calls (an API which is not friendly to how MMOs tend to do things). For #2, look into something that can convert the D3D9 calls into a nicer API with far less overhead (viewtopic.php?f=66&t=43680).

Even aside from the bugs, the client did not age well in terms of performance. A new client could take advantage of loads of new CPU and GPU features for huge performance gains, but those aren't the kind of things where you run the same program on new hardware and get the boosts automatically.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sunshinefuntime

Post#17 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm Could you record fps during a fort or heavy rvr battle? :)
I dont really play this game anymore (many reasons, mostly due to input lag from me living in the US) but sure I can record or even stream some fights this saturday.

Phantasm

Post#18 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:51 pm Strange, I run ryzen 7 5800 with 16gb ram / RX570 and RoR has 166fps on average and 295 top fps (game breaks when fps exceed 275 though).
Man noone cares about fps when in pve or when solo. What they talking about is being in Warband and participate in heavy keep fights with 100 vs 100 in same area (keep, BO, choke point) or Fort. THERE is a real issue with fps drop. If you saying you got no fps drops at that situations everyone will doubt it, unless you record fps and show that you are UNIQUE.
Last edited by Phantasm on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:37 am

I have around 20 to 30 fps in big keep and fortress fights. Nothing you can do about that. But the biggest fps gains are achieved by disabeled vfx. Theres even n addon nowadays that can disable/enable vfx in one click. Anyway heres a video of what to expect from a gtx 970 and an i5 4690k :

Click here to watch on YouTube