Recent Topics

Ads

Cant progress due to quest not working

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aahzmandius

Cant progress due to quest not working

Post#1 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am

Create a Warrior Priest, get to to the quest Return Fire.

The quest does not count progress on killed Hellcannons.
Nothing else to do, quit the game. Is this supposed to work like this?

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Cant progress due to quest not working

Post#2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 am

Aahzmandius wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am Create a Warrior Priest, get to to the quest Return Fire.

Hey,

it's a known issue.

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/18769

Aahzmandius

Post#3 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am

Lilim wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 am
Aahzmandius wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am Create a Warrior Priest, get to to the quest Return Fire.

Hey,

it's a known issue.

Oh thanks, guess ill just wait.

avalus

Post#4 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Aahzmandius wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:58 am Nothing else to do, quit the game.
Aahzmandius wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am Oh thanks, guess ill just wait.

Really ?..
You could literally just go a bit ahead to the 1st Easy Public Quest, do it once (or more) and get much more XP, gold and loot than from that one non-working (quite frankly, useless anyway) quest.
Queue for Scenarios for an eventual pop while doing the PQ and once you're Rank 4 go to Chapter 2, take both Crafting skills and go fight in RvR.
This process should take 30-45 minutes tops.

And I'm saying all this as a completionist but still, some things are reaaally not worth it. You could be playing the game instead of waiting an unknown amount of time before that one quest in the starter area is fixed, but that's just me maybe.
Also, if you're already blocked on this kind of detail, i'm not sure you either understood the state of the game on this server or have accepted the fact that it's not the original game restored at 100% and that there will be some stuff around that's still non-functional but that's just how it is.

Either way, good luck, and hopefully see you in-game ;)

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

arorwne
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Aahzmandius wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:06 am
Lilim wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 am

Hey,

it's a known issue.

Oh thanks, guess ill just wait.
You don't need to wait. Just do "Raven Host Vanguard", a nearby Public Quest, then move onto Act 2, Gray Lady Coaching Inn. After that, continue with PvE while doing some PvP / Scenario on the side. You can also focus on PvP with PvE sideoption.

In short: That quest is 100% optional and was used as a showcase for "Artillery Mechanic". Unfortunately, some other quests are locked in its chain, but nothing important, you gain that xp back very easily.

space44

Post#6 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:09 pm

avalus wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Really ?..
You could literally just go a bit ahead to the 1st Easy Public Quest, do it once (or more) and get much more XP, gold and loot than from that one non-working (quite frankly, useless anyway) quest.
Queue for Scenarios for an eventual pop while doing the PQ and once you're Rank 4 go to Chapter 2, take both Crafting skills and go fight in RvR.

And I'm saying all this as a completionist but still, some things are reaaally not worth it. You could be playing the game instead of waiting an unknown amount of time before that one quest in the starter area is fixed, but that's just me maybe.
Also, if you're already blocked on this kind of detail, i'm not sure you either understood the state of the game on this server or have accepted the fact that it's not the original game restored at 100% and that there will be some stuff around that's still non-functional but that's just how it is.

How nice, your telling a person to play the game differently and not how the person wants to play. "I know your enjoying your questing and experiencing the scenery, we are aware of your problems with the playing experience for quiet a while, but hey dont play the game that way 'play the game this way instead'.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

avalus

Post#7 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:09 am

space44 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:09 pm How nice, your telling a person to play the game differently and not how the person wants to play. "I know your enjoying your questing and experiencing the scenery, we are aware of your problems with the playing experience for quiet a while, but hey dont play the game that way 'play the game this way instead'.

I only suggested an alternative path to
"That specific starter quest that gives 375EXP and 7 copper coins doesn't work, I won't play the other 99.9% of the game until it's fixed."
and suggested that if the OP struggles with 1 measly quest not working, it might be somewhat difficult to come to grips with a game that's still missing a certain chunk of its content which would be a shame IMHO.

No need to get on your high horse :roll:

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

arorwne
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:06 am

space44 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:09 pm
avalus wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Really ?..

How nice, your telling a person to play the game differently and not how the person wants to play. "I know your enjoying your questing and experiencing the scenery, we are aware of your problems with the playing experience for quiet a while, but hey dont play the game that way 'play the game this way instead'.
Look, I'm as laissez faire about this as it goes(unless it concerns me), but the fact is that the game itself wants to be played a certain way. R40 + RR40? I won't say that is how one should play(if one don't want to play like that), but that is simply the way to play the game(or you will be punished).

Is it a BAD, nay, TERRIBLE design that actively segregates people(ie: anti what games should be about)? Yes.

Does it matter? Not really. Just you do you and que sera sera.

Just let it go. Avalus only suggested the most reasonable course of action(with which I disagree - you should go to RvR at ~ R11, once you have some semblance of abilities, but that's a whole another discussion). He didn't mean anything bad.

Ads
Aahzmandius

Post#9 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 am

Well thanks all for the replies.

I honestly didnt know you could skip the quest completely and head out.
Guess the modern design of games, where u can no longer roam that freeely ruined me. Damn.