Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Community Management, Management

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Talion
Posts: 6

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:50 am

gyps wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:29 am
gyps wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:59 pm
Did anyone tried Crossover 21 + M1 + Macos Monterey?
Self-replying here I did install the game under crossover 21 + Monterey on a Macbook Air M1 8gb 8GPU cores, didn't test much but will do during the next week.

As a matter of fact I've got to follow the instructions but I did download the whole game from Torrent once it was installed and then copied everything into the Crossover folder.

The login screen is flickering for some reason trying to finalize the install process but you manage to click the login button and everything works fine.
Help pliz install the game. Can you consistently write how to install a torrent game using a crossover?

Ads
gyps
Posts: 26

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#42 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:11 pm

Talion wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:50 am
Help pliz install the game. Can you consistently write how to install a torrent game using a crossover?
The initial guide on the first page is pretty much the same and its wonderfully detailed...anyways as follows:

Install Crossover
Install a new bottle with windows 7 64 bits
Install the launcher downloaded from https://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRInstaller.exe
leave the installer install everything it needs (shouldn't have any problems)
Leave the installer download everything.
Back to Crossover
Right click on your new bottle -> Open unit C:
Overwrite on the "Return of Reckoning" folder inside program x86 folder the files you downloaded from torrent.
Back to crossover, launch "RoR" and enjoy :)

Thats it.

gyps
Posts: 26

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#43 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm

So after a bit of time by trial and error I managed to play fairly well scs and even a bit of big orvr, this with a Macbook Air M1 8GB

Using Crossover 21.1 and adding under Regedit the following keys:

|HKEY CURRENT USER
+-Software
+-Wine
+-Direct3D

Then add:

+->VideoMemorySize (REG SZ)
| | [Set the amount of reported video memory (in megabytes).
I did allocate 4GB of VRAM in this, I guess its enough as the game itself ain't a Vram eater.

+->CheckFloatConstants (DWORD VALUE 1)
Enabling this has a small performance some times, I experienced a bit so I kept it.

+->MultisampleTextures (DWORD VALUE 0)
I found some performance improvement disabling this.

+->SampleCount (DWORD VALUE 1)
Override swapchain sample count. It can be used to force enable multisampling with applications that otherwise don't support it, seems to work.

On the client side I have pretty much everything disabled (shader performance ops, grass, water reflects, water splashes, any lightning effect, shadows, animation on fastest framerate , effects same, and play ability on self, GPU memory cache to Largest, fullscreen 2560 x 1600.

Hope this helps someone! :)

pd. edit* BTW I always CMD+TAB and close the launcher once the game is running...Just in case :)

User avatar
Elmuerto
Posts: 23

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#44 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:17 pm

My my the magic of technology - played since launch and RORed for a bit before - now I can play own my M1 MacBook Pro!

Doubt I'll be button mashing like the old days but nice to have a wander round again :)

Borbobbio
Posts: 1

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#45 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi all, a friend of mine is trying to install warhammer on his Mac. Following the guide on the official site, we downloaded the Ror installer and the Crossover program; however, when we start the installation everything proceeds correctly until we are asked to install DirectX 9.0x. Depending on whether we choose yes or no, we encounter a first error where the program either found an error or did not detect Wine, and a second error that says that the connection has dropped when it clearly isn't. Anyone knows how to fix the problem? Thanks

freeport
Posts: 1

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#46 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm

are there ways to increase fps if i use crossover? setting graphics at a minimum
if I am alone, then it works fine (not good, it’s just fine). with 20 players FPS drops to 15, with 50+ players FPS drops to 5
I play on macbook pro m1 max, 32 gb ram

gyps
Posts: 26

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#47 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:19 pm

Borbobbio wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:36 pm
Hi all, a friend of mine is trying to install warhammer on his Mac. Following the guide on the official site, we downloaded the Ror installer and the Crossover program; however, when we start the installation everything proceeds correctly until we are asked to install DirectX 9.0x. Depending on whether we choose yes or no, we encounter a first error where the program either found an error or did not detect Wine, and a second error that says that the connection has dropped when it clearly isn't. Anyone knows how to fix the problem? Thanks
Install "Directx End user runtime web installer" directly from Crossover in the same bottle and you should avoid that problem.

gyps
Posts: 26

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#48 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:21 pm

freeport wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:01 pm
are there ways to increase fps if i use crossover? setting graphics at a minimum
if I am alone, then it works fine (not good, it’s just fine). with 20 players FPS drops to 15, with 50+ players FPS drops to 5
I play on macbook pro m1 max, 32 gb ram

You could try my previous post, even add more VRAM as you have 32gb so 8gb VRAM would be nice even if this game do not stress much VRAM.
gyps wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm
So after a bit of time by trial and error I managed to play fairly well scs and even a bit of big orvr, this with a Macbook Air M1 8GB

Using Crossover 21.1 and adding under Regedit the following keys:

|HKEY CURRENT USER
+-Software
+-Wine
+-Direct3D

Then add:

+->VideoMemorySize (REG SZ)
| | [Set the amount of reported video memory (in megabytes).
I did allocate 4GB of VRAM in this, I guess its enough as the game itself ain't a Vram eater.

+->CheckFloatConstants (DWORD VALUE 1)
Enabling this has a small performance some times, I experienced a bit so I kept it.

+->MultisampleTextures (DWORD VALUE 0)
I found some performance improvement disabling this.

+->SampleCount (DWORD VALUE 1)
Override swapchain sample count. It can be used to force enable multisampling with applications that otherwise don't support it, seems to work.

On the client side I have pretty much everything disabled (shader performance ops, grass, water reflects, water splashes, any lightning effect, shadows, animation on fastest framerate , effects same, and play ability on self, GPU memory cache to Largest, fullscreen 2560 x 1600.

pd. edit* BTW I always CMD+TAB and close the launcher once the game is running...Just in case :)

Ads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests