Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Abruptly Closing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
AltoSanctus122

Launcher Abruptly Closing

Post#1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 am

So, I've been trying to get this to launch for the past three hours or so, however, every time the launcher goes to verify files... bam- closes without so much as an error message. I have observed the installation guide and everything, but it still closes without any warning.
Gave it write permissions- doesn't matter, still shuts down.
Ran in admin- doesn't matter, still shuts down.
Put it in my C: drive despite my D: drive being larger by two whole Terabytes (because due to a quirk of the system, my C: drive is the smaller 500-gig drive which is used for system-essentials).
Still. Shuts. Down.

Ads
AltoSanctus122

Re: Launcher Abruptly Closing

Post#2 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 pm

F*** it. I'm done attempting. I've had to pop advil because of the launcher closing before I can even try to play. Really, really wanted to try a Warhammer MMO, but nothing is worth having to pop advil just attempting to launch the game.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Launcher Abruptly Closing

Post#3 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 pm

AltoSanctus122 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 pm F*** it. I'm done attempting. I've had to pop advil because of the launcher closing before I can even try to play. Really, really wanted to try a Warhammer MMO, but nothing is worth having to pop advil just attempting to launch the game.
Hop on Discord if you need help. I assume you've read the linked install guide at the top of the forum in the big red box.

Try downloading a new launcher maybe. http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe

Make sure you replace the one in your warhammer folder. If you just start this from your downloads folder it'll try downloading the entire game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog