Recent Topics

Ads

Cannot get to Character Select screen

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Technomork

Cannot get to Character Select screen

Post#1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi, wondering if someone could help me. I got past the launcher, but when I get to the screen where I select my toons there is a box on the right that says Entering the Fray... Searching For allies... Connecting to Server... Handshaking.... Logging in.... Login Timed out. I tried closing and relaunching the launcher but that doesnt seem to help. I also tried logging in on another machine and I'm getting the same issue.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Cannot get to Character Select screen

Post#2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Not sure if it would help you but try using a VPN, even a free one would work if the issue was from your ISP/node.

Technomork

Post#3 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:53 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 pm Not sure if it would help you but try using a VPN, even a free one would work if the issue was from your ISP/node.
Ok, set up a VPN and tried it, same problem....

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:15 pm

check your antivirus/firewall settings - make sure RoR folder and files are whitelisted
disable write permissions on your RoR folder and files by unticking the read-only from properties
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Technomork

Post#5 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:43 pm

xpander wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:15 pm check your antivirus/firewall settings - make sure RoR folder and files are whitelisted
disable write permissions on your RoR folder and files by unticking the read-only from properties
Ok, that didn't work either.

I went ahead and registered for a dummy account and tried logging in, and was successful. When I tried my account, still no success. Any idea why that might be?

Luranni

Post#6 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:21 pm

Same issue occurring for me. Was getting choppy so I exited game and restarted launcher now I can't select server as it keeps timing out.

EDIT: Got into game again after a small patch downloaded.
Last edited by Luranni on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Novius

Post#7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Got same issue. I was offline for some time (7 hours maybe?) and now cant get past server selection screen.
This was also the case maybe a week earlier, and got resolved by itself after some short time (2 or 3 hours maybe?).

Update: Just checked spouse's account. Everything works fine, so this issue is either account-related or cache-related. Going to check different PC to exclude client/cache issues.

Update 2: Everything works on different PC, so this is not a server-side issue. Probably something related to cache, trying to figure out a way to fix it without screwing all account settings.

Update 3: Now i simply logged in to my own account. Patch did not help, but i guess switching back from spouse's account to my own did something.
Last edited by Novius on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Technomork

Post#8 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Novius wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:30 pm Got same issue. I was offline for some time (7 hours maybe?) and now cant get past server selection screen.
This was also the case maybe a week earlier, and got resolved by itself after some short time (2 or 3 hours maybe?).

Update: Just checked spouse's account. Everything works fine, so this issue is either account-related or cache-related. Going to check different PC to exclude client/cache issues.

Update 2: Everything works on different PC, so this is not a server-side issue. Probably something related to cache, trying to figure out a way to fix it without screwing all account settings.
I am having this issue on several machines as well, so I would imagine account-side as well, unsure how to clear cache.

Ads
Novius

Post#9 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 am

Technomork wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 pm I am having this issue on several machines as well, so I would imagine account-side as well, unsure how to clear cache.
Just to clarity some data:
- For my case i was able to log in to my "broken" account on different PC, which should exclude network and server(account)-side issues at least for my case.
- I never logged in to "broken" account on that "different PC" before, but it was not a fresh client, just different person's PC, so there was cache for different account.
- On "different PC" both accounts were working properly.

Sadly (or gladly?) issue got resolved by itself so i could not tinker with game cache enough to find source of the problem, so this data is all i have for those who still cant log in.

I would guess transfering your current "user" (cache) folder to different directory, then checking connection for "fresh" client and, if everything works fine - manually transfer account/addon settings folder-by-folder should do the job.

But if "fresh" client would not connect to your account and full reinstall wont help either - well.. this would be completly different case whatsoever.
Last edited by Novius on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Technomork

Post#10 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:04 am

Novius wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 am
Technomork wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 pm I am having this issue on several machines as well, so I would imagine account-side as well, unsure how to clear cache.
Just to clarity some data:
- For my case i was able to log in to my "broken" account on different PC, which should exclude network and server(account)-side issues at least for my case.
- I never logged in to "broken" account on that "different PC" before, but it was not a fresh client, just different person's PC, so there was cache for different account.
- On "different PC" both accounts were working properly.

Sadly (or gladly?) issue got resolved by itself so i could not tinker with game cache enough to find source of the problem, so this data is all i have for those who still cant log in.
Got it, thanks for the feedback. I'm not very technical so I am just wondering if the cache would resolve server-side or client-side issues?
Meaning I guess, since my broken account won't log in to either machine, but another account does fine, would that be something messing with the cache might help?