Recent Topics

Ads

Crash at character screen

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
striker2185

Crash at character screen

Post#1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Hello it's been months since I last played. Updated game go to launch the game. On the character screen, no characters show up and the game crashes back to desktop.

Ads
duvalx

Re: Crash at character screen

Post#2 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 pm

My wife is getting similar , but she can see all her characters, logs in, but just keeps getting kicked back out to character screen .. have repaired client, restarted pc, tried the /stuck trick.. but nothing.... it seems to be happening to others now too as another guild mate is having the same issues
given up trying to play the good guys!

striker2185

Post#3 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Update. I have also tried repairing the client and it is set to 64bit

Lilim

Post#4 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:20 pm

striker2185 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:43 pm Hello it's been months since I last played. Updated game go to launch the game. On the character screen, no characters show up and the game crashes back to desktop.
Hey,

okay, this is the install guide, but check your current game if these settings are up to date.

How to Install:
- Move the RoR Folder to c:\ (or atleast it's NOT in c:\program or a folder which it wont have write access. For instance move it to c:\Games\Return of Reckoning)
- delete the RoRLauncher.exe
- download a new one here: http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
- put the new RoRLauncher.exe back into the RoR-folder
- Remove the write-protection from all the files in the WAR folder. (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable the read-only box)
- Check if your whole RoR Folder is whitelisted in your Antivirus program and check if your Firewall or Maleware doesn't interfere with the install.
- You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges. (Right click the RoR updater > properties > run administrator)
- Run the RoRLauncher.exe
- Let it update (sometimes it needs a few seconds until it starts)
- Exit launcher and rerun it again
- Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update
- Launch the game
- [If you don't have DirectX 9.0c, installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent. In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe]

additionally, switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and clear the content of your cache folder....If nothing works, I would recommend a full fresh install.

duvalx

Post#5 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:48 pm

duvalx wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:54 pm My wife is getting similar , but she can see all her characters, logs in, but just keeps getting kicked back out to character screen .. have repaired client, restarted pc, tried the /stuck trick.. but nothing.... it seems to be happening to others now too as another guild mate is having the same issues
Update , A GM fixed our issue in game.. was delt with very fast :)
given up trying to play the good guys!

waszabi077

Post#6 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:44 pm

Ihave the same problem.
Click connect for launcher, play the game and crash the character select screen all time... i cant play? any solution?

xpander
Community Management

Post#7 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:05 am

waszabi077 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:44 pm Ihave the same problem.
Click connect for launcher, play the game and crash the character select screen all time... i cant play? any solution?
try deleting the cache folder from your RoR folder and see if that helps

the regular check your antivirus and firewall settings. whitelist the gamefiles is a good thing to check also.
if thats not the case, join the discord and ask some GM to take a look at your account.. Discord link is in my signature also
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos