Recent Topics

Ads

Critical Error: Authentication failed...

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
casperinmd

Re: Critical Error: Authentication failed...

Post#21 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Ensure it is not read only now? Can't find seems like a permission or unable to write to it problem.

Right click it, go to properties and ensure Read Only is not checked. Do this on war.exe

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:19 am

You're running RoRLauncher.exe? It does need to be in the same folder as WAR.exe
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

tspray

Post#23 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:48 pm

i tried both downloading from torrent and from the mega site. neither of them works , it just says that the authentication failed - application will now terminate. ...tried the data.myp posted by one of the admins(i think) . I also tried the read-only uncheck thing but when i press aply and then ok it turns back to read only... i disabled my firewall completly and it still does not work. same problem

tspray

Post#24 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Error unpacking:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Warhammer ONLINE\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at RoRLauncher.MainWindow.Unpack(String fileName)

HawaiiMike

Post#25 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:14 pm

I'm getting the exact same problem.

I've downloaded from the site, Torrent download, moved it to user directory, checked perms (seems okay), checked password, and turned off firewall. No luck yet.

What log file are you using to get the exact details for crash?

Dana
Former Staff

Post#26 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Is your launcher in the same folder like the WAR.exe and not in a special folder?

Run launcher as Administrator, make sure the FOLDER (not the launcher!!!) isn't set to "read only".

This can be done by right clicking the game folder > properties > uncheck "Read Only" > OK.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

HawaiiMike

Post#27 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi Thanks for help.

The RoRLauncher.exe is in the same folder as war.exe and all the other files. It has to be a stupid permission issue. I've can't get the "read only" open for the folder to stay unchecked. I've taken over ownership (computer/users) of the files. Removed all other owners and turned off inherited permissions. It goes through the process of changing permissions but when I check after the "read only" option for the folder is back on.

However, individual files are not read only. Just the folder.

I've moved the folder to documents under my user logon which should be a good spot with regards to read/write permissions. I've taken off the microsoft logon and am using a local login (I've read about some permission issues using microsoft logon).

Which log file should I check to see what the specific issue might be? I've looked in the log folder but there are a whole bunch of different log files there. The login file has this output for my latest logon attempt:

[2015/06/29 16:59:51] MythLogin::LoginClient::ReportTimeout: Reporting timeout condition for expected reply type: 6
[2015/06/29 16:59:51] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Received session auth reply from server
[2015/06/29 16:59:51] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Failed to authenticate session. Result: 9
[2015/06/29 16:59:51] œš§: Failed authentication with session token. Result: 4904840
[2015/06/29 16:59:57] Active Sockets: Host [0] Client [1]

Also I have the computer windows firewall turned off for this logon test. Anything on the router I should set that might be blocking the authentication check?

One other weird thing. I thought it might be a password problem and changed my password for my logon. However, it give me a password error if I use the new password (which works on the forums). If I log on with the old password I will get WAR to run until I get the authentication critical error.

tspray

Post#28 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 am

OK i got a fix for this problem. i downloaded the client directly via browser (google chrome). just put it anywhere and then download the JeFawks mini ror launcher. place it in the game folder then run it normally ( no need for "Run as administrator") . Also before you run the launcher you need to right click on the game folder -> properties -> uncheck the read-only box and press apply . DO NOT close the properties windows because after you click ok , it will get the "read only " box checked again. This was the only thing that worked for me. But it worked for me , maybe because i only have the "authentication failed -- application will now terminate " error. I hope i help some desperate souls like i was... being unable to play for like 1 month or so and no help received... :)

Ads
Drusus

Post#29 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:20 pm

I tried Tspray's fix; ( I have the exact same error ) and oddly when I open JeFawks launcher it noted on the bottom I have windows defender firewall on which may block the game. Game was blocked as per usual BUT I dont have the firewall turned on.

HawaiiMike

Post#30 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:45 am

thanks for the suggestion. No luck on this end. I followed tspray's method and redownloaded and extracted the game, took ownership of the folder, used JEFawlks mini launcher, and tried the read only trick where you apply but don't close with "OK." Still getting the critical error authentication error.

My logon log gives the following info:

<code>[2015/06/30 16:37:32] LoginInterface::DoEventNotify: Sending event type [9] to loginserver
[2015/06/30 16:37:32] Attempting authentication using session token
[2015/06/30 16:37:32] MythLogin::LoginClient::AuthenticateWithSessionToken: Attempting to authenticate with session token
[2015/06/30 16:37:32] MythLogin::LoginClient::Connect: Attempting connection to 178.32.58.46:8048
[2015/06/30 16:37:32] Active Sockets: Host [0] Client [1]
[2015/06/30 16:37:34] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleVerifyProtocolReply: Received protocol verification reply from server
[2015/06/30 16:37:34] MythLogin::LoginClient::Authenticate: Attempting authentication with session token
[2015/06/30 16:37:48] Active Sockets: Host [0] Client [1]
[2015/06/30 16:37:58] MythLogin::LoginClient::ReportTimeout: Reporting timeout condition for expected reply type: 6
[2015/06/30 16:37:58] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Received session auth reply from server
[2015/06/30 16:37:58] MythLogin::LoginClient::HandleAuthSessionTokenReply: Failed to authenticate session. Result: 9
[2015/06/30 16:37:58] œš§: Failed authentication with session token. Result: 4904840
</code>