Recent Topics

Ads

War64.exe not responding immediately after login

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
arcane600

War64.exe not responding immediately after login

Post#1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello,

since yesterday I have been having issues getting into the game. I have had a internet connection loss yesterday at around 23:30 while I was playing scenarios. Today I have tried to start the game several times without success. Here is what happens when trying to get into the game:

-Starting the RoRUpdater / Launcher
-Putting in my login credentials and click connect
-War64.exe starts and the screen turns completely black.
-In Taskmanager War64.exe is marked as "not responding"...
-War64.exe has focus so it is not possible to go to the desktop without quitting the program

I have tried to delete cache folder, redownload the War64.exe file, put the installation folder to a different drive, delete my user profile/interface, remove reshade from the installation folder, restart my internet connection, repair the installation folder....nothing has worked so far.

It seems to me that there is no handshake between the game server and my client for some reason??? maybe it has to do with the abrupt internet connection loss yesterday?

Hopefully someone can give me some advice how to solve this problem...

Thank you kindly in advance

Greetings

Sebastian

Ads
arcane600

Re: War64.exe not responding immediately after login

Post#2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:46 pm

I edited the user settings.xml file and set full screen to false...

for some strange reason I can now login as I do not longer have a black screen. But whenever I change back ingame to full screen the client goes back to "not responding" in task manager and the game freezes...

I don't get it as it has worked all the time before and I didn't change anything

arcane600

Re: War64.exe not responding immediately after login

Post#3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:02 pm

editing the user settings.xml file to set full screen to false and window mode to true fixed the issue at first. After relaunching the game and removing reshade I was able to set the graphics back to full screen ingame without the client going back to "not responding".

Then after all that I could extract back the reshade files to the installation folder. Everything seems to work now properly.

Anyway strange that this issue occured without any changes beforehand...