Recent Topics

Ads

Can't chat in adv, t4, sc, 1, say

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Can't chat in adv, t4, sc, 1, say

Post#11 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:57 pm

GM's work based on reports mostly from other players around you. If you're being a jerk then log in to find yourself muted, stop being a jerk. It's not that hard. Will you be muted for a few hours? A day? A week? That's the mystery you get to discover.

To be clear, GM's use chat mutes as an alternative to banning people for the same duration. Not being able to use public chats is a smaller price to pay, and perhaps will give you something to reflect on during your times of silence.

TOS is here if you need to give it a bit of light bathroom reading.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Sanguine

Post#12 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:05 pm

The problem is i don't know when and why I got muted. I just logged in one day and found out i couldn't use chat.I know GMs are managing the server in their spare time and sometimes dont want to or dont have time to explain things but this is not a fair treatment of players. If I got a message from a GM "don't do this or that again or you get banned" it would be fair. Now its just poof and you are gone. Without any information or explanation.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Sanguine wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:05 pm The problem is i don't know when and why I got muted. I just logged in one day and found out i couldn't use chat.I know GMs are managing the server in their spare time and sometimes dont want to or dont have time to explain things but this is not a fair treatment of players. If I got a message from a GM "don't do this or that again or you get banned" it would be fair. Now its just poof and you are gone. Without any information or explanation.
You were talking about intentionally throwing at a fort which is something GM's are absolutely looking for.

Sanguine

Post#14 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Ok, thank you for information. Now i think i remember the situation. No, I didn't encourage anyone to throw. I guess the GM that muted me didn't get my sarcasm which is understandable since its hard to convey in writing.

I was in a warband in keep defence where half of the players were AFK, then was leading a warband in fort defense where destro didn't even try to funnel.
Got very salty about it and was very "grateful" to everyone for a prefect throw. That's it.

Anyways I hope the mute isn't very long.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:17 pm

We don't dabble in sarcasm or humor. What you think is funny, but a clear violation of the rules and spirit of the game, others might take seriously. Either in the sense that they're disgusted that you would suggest failure as a game mode worth pursuing, or as an encouragement that people who are already demoralized should just get it over with and be a loser by choice rather than circumstance.

Keep it to yourself next time. You're only hurting the people around you by trying to be funny in situations where tensions are high and nerves are frayed. Some people might shrug it off as another salty troll, others might decide that's enough, log off, and not bother coming back. No point playing the game if that's the kind of attitude they get from the people they're supposed to depend on as a realm.

We're interested in keeping the server a relatively friendly and welcoming place to play and enjoy your time, even if that does involve losing as PvP games require. Encouraging throwing, or giving up, or just going AFK, is always going to result in swift and direct action from a GM when they're notified. It's pathetic behavior from people looking to abuse the systems that others came here to enjoy.

Sanguine

Post#16 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:51 pm

But I fully agree with you. As I said I didn't encourage anyone to AFK or to throw. Things i said were out of disappointment. I tried to do something, organize some defense, but looked around and saw people didn't even bother to do basic stuff. And its lately a very common case during destro keep and fort defenses.

So thank you for informing me why i got muted. I don't agree with it and the way it was done, but I accept it. Case closed i guess.

bc86
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:18 am

Spoiler:
Come on no reason to get mad about it or anything, but it's silly to act like there's some integrity behind this. The guys who's lives revolve around this game/anime/weed/beer aren't exactly rational, stand up guys. They will just mute you for pissing off their friends or whatever zoomer sjw thing they're offended about. This is a their server, its a private server, of course this is going to happen.
I'm an example!