Recent Topics

Ads

Black screen then crash to desktop trying to log in

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Bulwyf

Black screen then crash to desktop trying to log in

Post#1 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:39 am

I have played the game the last few days no problem. Playing tonight with my wife we went into a new zone, it unlocked something on my character and my game immediately crashed to desktop. I have tried reloading several times. I get the character screen, it shows the loading map and that pause when it switches from loading screen to the game is when it goes black screen for a second or two and crashes to destkop with the launcher still up.

I am running Win10 and have had zero problems playing the game up until now. What should I do?

Ads
Bulwyf

Re: Black screen then crash to desktop trying to log in

Post#2 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:10 am

Just to add: I logged into another character on the other side and it loaded up fine. Logged off that character, tried to go back to the character with the issues and the exact same thing happened.

Bulwyf

Post#3 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:17 am

I saw a repair option in the launcher and tried it. Now the game launcher gets stuck at 100% "finalizing" with an error box saying Important Message!

But the copy to clipboard box is in red and won't let me use it or manually copy and paste the error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Acidic

Post#4 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:05 am

Maybe screen shot the message and post that.
Typical issues are.
Forgot to remove write protect from game files and subdirectories(remove write protect from all game files and sub directories)
Anti virus decided to mess with you and false flagged the game(add exception to game directory on anti virus)
Cache corrupted ( delete content of cache directory under game directory )

Bulwyf

Post#5 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:34 pm

The folder and sub folders were already whitelisted with my anti virus. I changed the "read all" when I first downloaded from the torrent.

In short, I followed all the steps of the big "read me" on how to install the game. It has worked fine until last night for several days.

When I click on the launcher now, it starts with downloading manifest, go through several files for several minutes get to 100% "finalizing" and then pops up an error message about Error: redundancy. I took a snippit of it but the boards won't let you post images directly from your computer.

I appreciate the advise. I can't help but think when I hit "repair" on the launcher it is what caused this. I did a forum search about the launcher "repair" option and nothing but my posts came up so I'm guessing you aren't supposed to actually ever use the repair button on the launcher?

Other things I already do and keep doing: I run this as administrator. I did everything the FAQ says to do when installing. The game worked perfectly fine until my one character got locked up entering a new town and it crashed to desk top. I could still play on my other character. I hit "repair" under launcher and that is what is causing the second issue. It takes like 15-20 minutes or so to go through files starting with "manifest" and ends with "finalizing 100%" and an error box pops up. If I can find a free host site I'll post the snippits of the lines of error in the error box.

I have never used a torrent before so I don't know at this point if I should uninstall the game and redownload the game?

Bulwyf

Post#6 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:52 pm

This is the error I keep going now:

[img]Error: System.IO.IOException: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.MFTEntry.gNtfjkCURXsFSHPaCW1(Object , Object , Int32 , Int32 )
at WarZoneLib.MYP.MFTEntry.ReadHeader(Stream _stream)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.Ow5WPwe1C5YeMNHpDmJ(Object , Object )
at WarZoneLib.MYP.Save()
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.UoCSHamjoZVkNqCYSO0(Object )
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Save()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Cf00PCT1P1y0nyfDpeG()
at RoRLauncher.Client.FinalizePatching(Boolean success)
at RoRLauncher.Client.wswYGyJmjwkwQeVmviH(Boolean success)
at RoRLauncher.Client.ProcessFileDownloadQueue()
at RoRLauncher.Client.LREZXxJV0aJmFCKhXRo()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.OmfoUCJhjT7sQWFldwT(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.aVDAx2JYvQ7267th3Hp(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Hnw1heD1Cx(Object )[/img]

Bulwyf

Post#7 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 pm

Update: never use the repair feature in the launcher. Have no idea what it is supposed to do but all it did was break the game for me.

I deleted everything including the torrent redownloaded and now game works fine including on character that it wouldn't let me log into. I have no idea what was going on but a fresh download and install worked.

Acidic

Post#8 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Bulwyf wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 pm Update: never use the repair feature in the launcher. Have no idea what it is supposed to do but all it did was break the game for me.

I deleted everything including the torrent redownloaded and now game works fine including on character that it wouldn't let me log into. I have no idea what was going on but a fresh download and install worked.
Cool to hear you sorted it.
Could only see that one file looked curuppted so could not help .

Ads
Bulwyf

Post#9 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:46 am

Acidic wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:48 pm
Bulwyf wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 pm Update: never use the repair feature in the launcher. Have no idea what it is supposed to do but all it did was break the game for me.

Cool to hear you sorted it.
Could only see that one file looked curuppted so could not help .
Thanks! I don't know what happened but glad I can play again. I didn't realize just how much I missed WAR until my wife and started playing this.