Recent Topics

Ads

Strange error message when trying to update game

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
WuschiWuschi

Strange error message when trying to update game

Post#1 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Greetings!

I have been following the installtion guide on this website and on the manual inside the torrent downloaded folder.
When i start the RoRLauncher.exe and iam pushing the "update" button, is starts updating for a few seconds, but then stops with a strange error message:

Error Downloading updater:
System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "E:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Sorry its in german, maybe someone can help anyhow.
The first sentence basically means: The application cannot access data "E:\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe", since it is being used by another application currently. And yes i have deactivated writing protection of the whole folder and subfolders before starting the file. i have also whitelisted everything on my bitdefender antivirus.
I have also tried copying it to different locations. Nothing worked.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Ads
WuschiWuschi

Re: Strange error message when trying to update game

Post#2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Ok fixed it by starting the updater once in admin. you can close this thread :)