Recent Topics

Ads

Huge lagg after patch, addon issue?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Freemind

Huge lagg after patch, addon issue?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Hey, so after todays patch, when im fighting in keep (especially Lords) & in fort, im getting enormous laggs. Nothing i have ever experienced so far in the months ive played here.
So i know this is something new. I think its addon related, because when i managed to turn off all addons, the lagg was completly gone, 60 fps, no problems.

All addons i have are the ones from VinyUI, nothing else added on top of it.
My addons folder contains of:
Ace,Advacancedrenowntrainer,AggroMeter,Amethyst,AnywhereTrainer,BuffHead,cmap,Deathblow2, EA_SocialWindow,Effigy,Enemy,Friends,Ges,healAll,HideBar,hidehiddenframes,Libgroup,LibSlash,LibWarBoardToggler,Moth,Movewindows,
NerfedButtons,Phantom,Pure,Queuequeuer,RVMods,ScenarioAlert,Shinies,Soloq,StatdollRemix,swift-assist,Tether,TexturedButtons,thinkoutloud,TidyChat,TidyRoll,WarBoard,Vectors,wsct and last but not least Zonepoplite.

The only addon with a loading error is EA_SocialWindow, can't confirm if it always has been or just after patch. I also know Kaelang couldn't read the destruction chats, not Tier chats, rvr chats etc. Could also be addon related?
But the lagg i got was pretty much i hit the lord, entire game just freezes for 10 seconds, then it turns black, loads for 2-3minutes. Sometimes i go back, i get to hit boss a few times and it freezes, repeat.
Sometimes every player just disapperes, its only me and the Lord there, with no lagg but i cant do anything. Forces me to restart the game.
I have also gotten this lagg after i died and got sent to WC or forts graveyard.

So im pretty sure its addon related. But it doesn't seem to be "Zonepoplite" that some in my guild have suggested, even with it off, i still lagged.
Feels like the patch broke something, if anyone knows or can help figure it out please do.

Ads
sacodebasura

Re: Huge lagg after patch, addon issue?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:32 pm

yeah i have the same issue as of today. u just had a crash, were the fps got worse and worse until it crashed. dont know what they changed. everything worked fine until this patch.

wonshot

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:37 pm

At Stonewatch fort after dieing and being in jail our warband "booked out" and the lag stuck with us when loading into almost empty Altdorf before the rest of order came in, never had 5fps in unbesieged altdorf and it really just felt like the lag from rendering players in largescale during the fort followed even after zonehopping.

Whatever was changed with the code during the patch for sure messed with stuttering performance
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Omegus

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Stuttering was terrible in the world (even in the middle of nowhere with no other NPCs or players), but fine in city for some reason, except stage 3 which was a stutter fest again.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Tenhi

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Yep something broke. I had 1 FPS during the whole City... crashed during Army Recall for Stage 3. Even after loading back in I had maybe 10 FPS during Stage 3. Ported to IC after the City and almost crashed again... did a /rel and got back to 10 FPS.

I deleted my cache and loaded back to IC... still 10 FPS. I checked the debugg window if any of the Addons from VinyUI are throwing errors but only got some Buffhead errors and nothing else.

Freemind

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Feels personally a bit better, that this is not an only me issue.
But ye stuttering aswell in IC. Huge lag when i was going towards a PQ outside rvr.

But ye it seems to be fine when you log in, then progressively worse, until you crash.
I even had a new screen, theres blackscreen, blue screen, but i managed to somehow jump back to where you see "creat new char" etc in the menu and get a purple screen.

Hope they fix this, ima do other stuff for the day.

sacodebasura

Post#7 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm

is anyone using the addon warboard? after deactivating it, this fps behavior seems fixed for me.

Freemind

Post#8 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:19 pm

Ye im using warboard.
Keep it turned off and if you notice its fixed in keeps, lord fights, please update the post.
This would be great if we know the issue.

But this hotfix we just got, might have solved it aswell.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:20 pm

Hotfix wasn't focused on addressing the FPS issues - there were other problems that needed addressing.

That being said, changes were made and reverted in this hotfix, so it could've fixed the issue by proxy.

If not - update this with as much info as you can get and I'll take a look if the issue persists.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

sacodebasura

Post#10 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Freemind wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:19 pm Ye im using warboard.
Keep it turned off and if you notice its fixed in keeps, lord fights, please update the post.
This would be great if we know the issue.

But this hotfix we just got, might have solved it aswell.
i only noticed it in IC. cant say anything about keeps,lord fights yet. but as soon as i deactivated it my fps went from 40 to 60.

edit: i activated it after the hotfix and its working again, like before.