Recent Topics

Ads

Two huge problems!

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Biaxil

Two huge problems!

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:16 am

Takes a really long time to dowload...like an hour or so for only 11 gigs. This is not one of the big problems though.

1. After it dled and I was in the character creation screen, all of the avatars were invisible with only their weapons showing. This continued to be the case when I entered the game.

2. I logged out, to see if I restarted the game if it would be the same. Upon reopening the launcher, the game started to DL from the beginning.

I have unistalled and reinstalled 4 times and this happened every time. I do not know what to do at this point.

Ads
normanis

Re: Two huge problems!

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:11 am

11 gb in hour its fast ,for me its can take whole day
u need relounch game and let game update it. if u are ingame and missing textures, bag , abilities u need let game update your game.
p.s u need also go up louncher , press un gear and check it is 64bit and there is also repair tool(if need)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Draugris

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:47 am

Did you download via torrent? Speed varies there because it depends on how many peers seeding a torrent.
Where did you install the game? If you have installed it under "Program Files", try to move the game folder to a different place and make sure that your user account has write permission there.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

zak68

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:17 am

have read the installation guide ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

WalkerNash

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:27 pm

I'm having this exact same issue, but I believe it's being caused by a permissions issue with the drive I have the game on that I've brought from another install of windows. I can't for example keep the Read Only box unchecked, it reverts to Read Only the instant I close the window. Currently researching fixing my permissions issue and I'll let you know what my result is

AlloyCowboy

Post#6 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:48 am

Hi! I am new, I just downloaded the game as well. For me, the download via torrent went quick... under 20 minutes, give or take. I had the same issue as you with the "invisible" characters at creation. You mentioned permissions issue, and you were right. I made sure my account had full rights to the game directory and all subdirs (win10pro), and that did it for me. :)

SkyFallenKing

Post#7 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:28 pm

Hello,

I had the issue with invisible characters with floating weapons after I first launched as well. However, I was able to fix it.
I believe it has to do with putting the Warhammer Online folder on your desktop. If you took it out of the folder it was in when you downloaded it then it will be missing some files. Put the original folder on your desktop and put the Warhammer Online folder inside of that folder. So the folder on my desktop has the folder structure below :

dx90c
VinyUI50
Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning (This is the folder containing the launcher and RORUpdater)
ReadMe and INSTRUCTIONS (This is a text document probably don't need it but I left it anyway)

I had to uncheck "read only" again and then launch the RORUpdater before it worked properly. ROR Updater is inside the Warhammer Online folder containing the launcher. Let me know if this works for you as well.

WalkerNash

Post#8 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Yeah I changed my permissions settings following some guides on the first page of google and fixed my isssue

Ads