New Player, Already Downloaded Game, 175,XXX files to be downloaded via the client?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
talvarez527

New Player, Already Downloaded Game, 175,XXX files to be downloaded via the client?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:11 am

Mostly in title.

I downloaded via Torrent, launched the game and couldn't see my character at all. So I closed the game, and opened the RoRupdater. Now it has been download for hours and hours and is nowhere near done. Is this normal because im new and I have to catch up on patches?

Ads
Mordred7

Re: New Player, Already Downloaded Game, 175,XXX files to be downloaded via the client?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:55 am

Yes, its normal for a lot of unfortunate people, but its still a glitch and won't work. Stop the 175K download and try something else. I never have gotten the silly installation to work.

talvarez527

Re: New Player, Already Downloaded Game, 175,XXX files to be downloaded via the client?

Post#3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:53 pm

so download finished, I logged in at 1 am. come home from work, start the launcher. and its downloading again. wtf!

TwistedSister77

Post#4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Sounds like you didnt install the torrent version you downloaded or are not launching that version (from that directory). The 175k file is the game trying to download the whole thing from launcher, which is the worse thing to do.

talvarez527

Post#5 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:44 pm

just redownloaded torrent, opened launcher, it opened the RORupdater, and I get this error.

Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Warhammer\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.My4TN1eHa1f2sAhYKEC(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.JcsabLJZmMNUxmOb6Kk(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.OmfoUCJhjT7sQWFldwT(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.aVDAx2JYvQ7267th3Hp(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Hnw1heD1Cx(Object )

talvarez527

Post#6 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:09 pm

update: torrent was blocking launcher. Now it is downloading xxx/746 files

talvarez527

Post#7 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 pm

update: finished the 746 files, still cant see my character at login or ingame

Narfly

Post#8 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 am

I am having the same problem with not being able to see character models

Ads
Grimald

Post#9 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am

Install the DX9 from the downloaded folder, this helped me with this problem.

mathibaa

Post#10 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah i also tried it with the DX9 download from the folder. It worked just fine :)