Recent Topics

Ads

Unable to update patch on 5/27/20

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Cimmarron

Unable to update patch on 5/27/20

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi guys,

When trying to update my game it keeps crashing at update 1 or 7. How do I get this to work? Thanks!

Ads
Dallas2288

Re: Unable to update patch on 5/27/20

Post#2 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:00 am

I had the same issue earlier today. Failed to patch multiple times. I restarted my PC and then worked fine.
Image Garygygax-BG

Cdosrun

Post#3 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:43 am

Just want to add to this.

I had the same issues. Game has been running for over a month. Win10 PC. This latest patch i cannot seem to get downloaded.

Re-downloaded the torrent and saved separately so i can try various things. Deleted existing content and tried to start fresh. Following Read-me and making sure Read-only things are disabled. (also did the unblock). 64-bit enabled in launcher. Rebooted PC multiple times but no luck
Disabled all anti-virus and Windows defender. (Still put exclusions for the folder with Anti-virus stuff)

The RoR launcher will crash without any error code. It can happen during download manifest, file verification, or download 1/7. (This was before re-downloading the the game)

After re-downloading the game and starting fresh i cannot get past downloading the manifest before the launcher drops out without any error.

Log file doesn't show any information that seems of importance in regards to a crash.

If anyone has some more info i could look into i would appreciate it!

I will continue to mess around with various settings to see if i can find what is happening, but i am not have much luck so far.
-Luthaisx

Cdosrun

Post#4 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:04 am

After doing a lot of trail and error things i got some assistance on discord: Thanks Gonduru!

He pointed out that vanishing patchers tend to be AV issues.

While i was white listing the folders and disabling all the protections on my antivirus Software(s) this was still not enough.

I had to completely close the apps and verify Windows Defender antivirus was also off.

Currently repatching!
-Luthaisx