Recent Topics

Ads

Taking a really long time to DL

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Dingolf

Taking a really long time to DL

Post#1 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:29 am

So I got everything working with the launcher, I started the download around 8am EST today, it's now 11:26pm and I still have a long way to go. My internet cut out so started it up and I'm assuming it picked up where it left off because the total required files are lower now, but at this rate it's literally going to take me days to fully download this game.

Is this normal? Can I blame Lazy Peon? lol because he made a video recently about this server, it's how I found out about it in the first place.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: Taking a really long time to DL

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 am

I'm re-downloading it as well (8/15k). Just find something else to do and let it run. I'm not in a rush, so will leave it on all night if need. Maybe a day or two. Week even if I have to. .... ... ... damn I need my fix so bad *shivers*.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

stmarrow

Post#3 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 am

You should probably start by reading viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

Note the part "First off, if you're downloading the game using the Launcher and you see something like 171,000 files remaining, you SHOULD STOP THE LAUNCHER. The latest torrent should NOT require additional files (as of Mar 22nd)."

Dingolf

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 am

stmarrow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 am You should probably start by reading viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

Note the part "First off, if you're downloading the game using the Launcher and you see something like 171,000 files remaining, you SHOULD STOP THE LAUNCHER. The latest torrent should NOT require additional files (as of Mar 22nd)."
I think maybe it's because I didn't move the folder to my C drive and tried installing it to my D drive? I skipped the part where it said to move the entire game folder over to the desk top because that would have just installed it to my C drive and I didn't want that. Is there any way to avoid this issue without being forced to select the C drive?

stmarrow

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:33 am

Dingolf wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 am
stmarrow wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:06 am You should probably start by reading viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

I think maybe it's because I didn't move the folder to my C drive and tried installing it to my D drive? I skipped the part where it said to move the entire game folder over to the desk top because that would have just installed it to my C drive and I didn't want that. Is there any way to avoid this issue without being forced to select the C drive?
The drive shouldn't matter, I think the main point is that the game folder should be moved from the torrent download directory since keeping the torrent alive will lock the files if they remain in that directory.