Recent Topics

Ads

Question about FPS

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
cjimaras

Question about FPS

Post#1 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 am

Hello to all,
3 days ago i built my new pc:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 Cores
16,0GB Ram ddr4
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (MSI)
465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A (SATA (SSD))
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Before that, i was playing the game in a 10years old pc with 8gb ram, amd radeon 5850 and i7 4 cores cpu.
I have done fresh install at the new pc, i am playing with fastest framerate graphics options and i am using VinylUI.Also i have disable shadows, lightning etc. Sadly i cannot get more than 10 fps at forts and cities and the game is lagging and freezing very often. I dare to say than in my old pc the game was running better and smoother.
I have no idea what else to do to gain some more fps. Also i have done every step to "How to increase performance" from forum guide.
I would appreciate any suggestion.
Ty in advance!

Ads
Draugris

Re: Question about FPS

Post#2 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:30 am

Hi,

i had something similar. Can you try as a test (and if you use them) to disable the addon´s Buffhead and Amethyst and see how that goes.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Acidic

Post#3 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:39 am

The game does not utilize the gpu in a good way and runs mainly as single thread.
So y not so much different from the old days except this server supports a lot more players in a single zone, thus game stress and low FPS in keeps and siege

Wdova

Post#4 » Mon May 18, 2020 11:44 am

Try to disable some addons especialy World scrolling combat text. Turn off showing friendly and enemy names, guilds etc. Or keep names and change font to simple.

I have Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb ram and radeon RX 5600 xt. I also expirience huge FPS drops in such fights(from steady 99 to 20-30ish). I run at balanced graphics settings most of time only in PvE dungeons I set it to max. Game on max settings also runs great in scenarios or smaller scale rvr (100-200ppl) until those huge funnels 300vs300 and more ppl in keep and forts start to happen. I dont think even expensive i9 9900k Oced to 5ghz can sort this out. Its the game engine which doesnt use more than 1(2?) core.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+