Recent Topics

Ads

Constant low fps since recent update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Beskern

Constant low fps since recent update

Post#1 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:59 pm

I logged in after a couple days away and applied the update and noticed immediately at the character selection screen than my fps was horrible. In game was the same and after asking my guild and in advice channel the following steps were tried:
disable all addons
revert to 32 bit client at launcher
set graphics to minimum
delete cache folder

None of these things fixed the issue and the game is unplayable as I am running around with like 10fps in all areas. What am I missing? What changed with the latest update to cause this?

Ads
Wdova

Re: Constant low fps since recent update

Post#2 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 am

Beskern wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:59 pm I logged in after a couple days away and applied the update and noticed immediately at the character selection screen than my fps was horrible. In game was the same and after asking my guild and in advice channel the following steps were tried:
disable all addons
set graphics to minimum
delete cache folder

None of these things fixed the issue and the game is unplayable as I am running around with like 10fps in all areas. What am I missing? What changed with the latest update to cause this?
What is Your hardware? Are You plaing on PC or laptop? If laptop check if dedicated GPU is used insted of integrated one.
Check if Your power plan in power management is not set to power saving or balanced.

Edit: Since I havent noticed any performance drop since last patch, I think its related to Your PC. Some kind of windows update could mess something?
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Fandjoz

Post#3 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:07 am

Beskern wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:59 pm I logged in after a couple days away and applied the update and noticed immediately at the character selection screen than my fps was horrible. In game was the same and after asking my guild and in advice channel the following steps were tried:
disable all addons
set graphics to minimum
delete cache folder

Hi, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution ?

My Hardware :

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
GPU : RTX 2080
RAM : 16 go
Processor : I7 8700K

Wdova

Post#4 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Fandjoz wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:07 am
disable all addons
set graphics to minimum
delete cache folder

Hi, I have the same problem. Have you found a solution ?

My Hardware :

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
GPU : RTX 2080
RAM : 16 go
Processor : I7 8700K
Wow this is getting wierd.... its true that patcher changed to be 64bit as default, but as I written no performance change for me. Amd r5 3600, 16gb ram, rx 5600 xt. If OP has also nVidia card, could be issue with theyr drivers?

If nothing helps, i would try to reinstall game from scratch, just to be sure the issue is related to RoR and not pc drivers.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Fandjoz

Post#5 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:18 pm

I re-downloaded the game 2 days ago :/

Borek

Post#6 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:50 pm

yeah, something happened over the last few weeks, i am getting real bad lag, feels like something is memory leaking as it starts off fine, then gets worse over time, dramatically accelerated by joining a Warband and after around an hour i have to reboot as it's basically a slide show.

Wasn't like this when i 1st started and i have tried with no addons loaded and it still happens :(

Really killing any desire to play, and yeah i tried everything in the thread :(

balshv

Post#7 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:52 am

sounds like the game is not using your gpu. force it in the gpu driver panel

Fandjoz

Post#8 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:24 am

I just checked, the game uses GPU : /

Ads
Fandjoz

Post#9 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 am

I solved the problem with @xpander on DISCORD.
I deactivate all the cores of my processor except 2 in the task manager and I went back to 98 FPs constant :D

Draugris

Post#10 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:30 pm

Try to disable Buffhead if you use that and SoR Addon. This improved FPS for me significantly, before that it was so bad, after 30 minutes maximum I had maybe 10fps or less.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)