Recent Topics

Ads

Constant low fps since recent update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Phantasm

Re: Constant low fps since recent update

Post#11 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Fandjoz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 am I solved the problem with @xpander on DISCORD.
I deactivate all the cores of my processor except 2 in the task manager and I went back to 98 FPs constant :D
What processor and which software did you use?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#12 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:43 am

Phantasm wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:40 pm
Fandjoz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:54 am I solved the problem with @xpander on DISCORD.
I deactivate all the cores of my processor except 2 in the task manager and I went back to 98 FPs constant :D
What processor and which software did you use?
he has i7 8700K according to our discord chat. He used the windows default thingy to change that..in task manager. there are programs to automate it as well
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Wdova

Post#13 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:56 am

Told You its issue related to Your PC :-)

Edit:

Its wierd that this "drastic" change about core deactivation helped. Have You tried deactivate HW acceleration of background programs? Chrome, Discord, etc?

For me it fixes system instability issues(blue screens, restarts).
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Phantasm

Post#14 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Tried out running 2 cores on Ryzen 5 3600, totally worse than normal 12 threads.

Akalukz

Post#15 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Razer Cortex Game boost thing really helped me a lot with WAR
-= Agony =-

Borek

Post#16 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 am

Phantasm wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 pm Tried out running 2 cores on Ryzen 5 3600, totally worse than normal 12 threads.
Yeah i tried changing to single core affinity via task manager and it was noticably worse performance that resulted in my aborting that attempted fix after 2 tries and seeing nothing positive. Still worth trying as it might work for some, just not for me.

I did update my AMD chipset and GFX drivers, reinstalled DX9, removed all non-used mods and deleted and recreated my char profile incase that had been corrupted. I also regularly delete my Cache contents, on top of that i tweaked various settings in my AMD drivers as suggested.

Net result is i got a really nice, clean looking UI as i spent so much time on it, and the game is BETTER than it was, but soon as i join a WB in a busy zone the same thing still happens, the FPS drops over time, system becomes noticably sluggish and eventually i need to reboot, clean my caches and start the process again.

I regularly run the repair function after a reboot just incase files are corrupted, so i'm fairly sure the game files are not the problem, but at this point i've done everything short of full game reinstall from a fresh DL and/or full OS rebuild...

I really hope someone can find out wtf is causing this :(

balshv

Post#17 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:35 am

Borek wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:34 am

but soon as i join a WB in a busy zone the same thing still happens, the FPS drops over time, system becomes noticably sluggish
try this and let me know if there's some improvement viewtopic.php?f=66&t=38278
it probably won't fix all stutter though

Borek

Post#18 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:47 am

balshv wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:35 am

but soon as i join a WB in a busy zone the same thing still happens, the FPS drops over time, system becomes noticably sluggish
Yeah running that atm, reset my loot rolls for some reason but that's been the only drawback, no bad lag but i also adjusted some other stuff that may have fixed it, will report back

Ads
Phantasm

Post#19 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:00 pm

balshv wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:35 am

Looks promising after 1 siege in Caledor maybe 30 mins, no lag issues after leaving keep, as I usually have after big fights. I`ll spend some more time tomorrow with it. But definitely that fix some issues!