Recent Topics

Ads

Issue downloading ror

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
GrimlockRedfang

Issue downloading ror

Post#1 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:52 am

When I am in the ror launcher login screen it starts downloading manifest, but when there is a momentary connection issue, the download stops and there is no visible way to resume it, so I keep having to close and reopen the launcher which restarts the download entirely. Any solution?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Issue downloading ror

Post#2 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 am

Use a more stable connection - disable firewall etc.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Velen

Post#3 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 am Use a more stable connection - disable firewall etc.
Sorry for stupid question.But what should I do if game begins to install itself (all these 175000 files) again after this patch? Thanks anyway

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Velen wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm
Kaelang wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 am Use a more stable connection - disable firewall etc.
Sorry for stupid question.But what should I do if game begins to install itself (all these 175000 files) again after this patch? Thanks anyway
you should stop the torrent client and untick read-only for the return of reckoning folder and apply it to all files also.
also do not copy the RoRLauncher out from the war folder, it will start downloading everything to the desktop or wherever you copied it
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

AdrennaLynn

Post#5 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Error Downloading updater:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Der Vorgang konnte nicht erfolgreich abgeschlossen werden, da die Datei einen Virus oder möglicherweise unerwünschte Software enthält
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.gy3MwXQNt3w1CDbjGc(Object )
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\palad\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

any Plan to solve this?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the problem. I forgot to put the tick. namely with the permission for files from other computers
Last edited by AdrennaLynn on Wed May 06, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Velen

Post#6 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:46 pm

xpander wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:40 pm
Velen wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:35 pm
you should stop the torrent client and untick read-only for the return of reckoning folder and apply it to all files also.
also do not copy the RoRLauncher out from the war folder, it will start downloading everything to the desktop or wherever you copied it
But the game was OK a few hours ago, only after patch my launcher began to redownload all these files:(