Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes frequently when doing oRvR

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Tormageddon

Game crashes frequently when doing oRvR

Post#1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:24 am

So whenever I do oRvR the game will crash on me. Everything freezes for a moment and then it shuts down. As you can imagine this is really annoying as I simply can't participate in any larger battles. I was wondering wether other players have the same issue?
Is it the game's fault or am I doing something wrong here? I have tried to reduce lag as much as possible, but it still happens every 5-10 minutes when playing at peak hours.
Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Ads
notrandomatall

Re: Game crashes frequently when doing oRvR

Post#2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 am

I assume you haven't overclocked your pc? It sounds like an unstable oc. I haven't experienced any such issues anyway. You could try lowering the resolution if you're already running the game at minimum graphics. To check if it's a performance issue. Also you could clear the cache.

Tormageddon

Post#3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:40 am

Where do I clear the cache?

Kaelang

Post#4 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:56 am

Open your launcher, click settings, make sure 64 bit is selected.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Alsayr

Post#5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:12 pm

Tormageddon wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:40 am Where do I clear the cache?
You have folder "cache" inside ROR directory. Delete content inside.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ybo123

Post#6 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 pm

I have a similar problem.
When I'm close to a very large group of players, the game crashes and I'm back on the desktop. This mostly happens in the oRVR, rarely during prime time in the capital. There are no other problems.

Client runs in 64 bit
dx 90c from the download is installed
audio.myp is replaced
cache is empty
Graphics settings are tested in low (i7 6700, rtx 2070, 16 GB)

Can the problem be due to a weak internet line (approx. 16 Mbit / s down and 2 Mbit / s up)? Does anyone have any ideas to solve the problem?

Kaelang

Post#7 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Ybo123 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 pm I have a similar problem.
When I'm close to a very large group of players, the game crashes and I'm back on the desktop. This mostly happens in the oRVR, rarely during prime time in the capital. There are no other problems.

Client runs in 64 bit
dx 90c from the download is installed
audio.myp is replaced
cache is empty
Graphics settings are tested in low (i7 6700, rtx 2070, 16 GB)

Can the problem be due to a weak internet line (approx. 16 Mbit / s down and 2 Mbit / s up)? Does anyone have any ideas to solve the problem?
Have you tried without addons, and make sure you're running 64 bit each time. It can sometimes reset to 32.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ybo123

Post#8 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:23 pm Have you tried without addons, and make sure you're running 64 bit each time. It can sometimes reset to 32.
I'll try without an addon, a good hint. I check the 64 bit setting regularly.

Ads
Ybo123

Post#9 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:30 am

Thank you very much. Yesterday I was on the oRVR with 1200 people. I had all the addons off and no disconnection.

I'm going to test individual addons now.

Khurgon

Post#10 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:28 pm

Hey Guys!

I have similar problem but only in Scenarios. No problem at all in oRvR what so ever.
I have crashed to desktop 6 times today from SC. Each time I got the debuff for 10 minutes... imagine how irritating that is.

I have x64 (checked it before each start), and more than capable PC to run the game. I've been playing for a month, with the very same addons and etc., I don't know why is it happening today.
Tried PC restart, deleting cache folder, disabling addons, nothing helped.

Open for suggestions...