Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Loads to black

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Kaelang

Re: Launcher Loads to black

Post#11 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Drache64 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm tried switching to 32bit (which I notice this game runs as 32 bit even when I set it to 64 bit) and I get the following error:

Error starting: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at RoRLauncher.Client.pHWd3BxrtFV6yrgOMS3(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
Untick 'Read Only' in your directory.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#12 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Ok I'm not sure if this will help but I pulled the data.myp file from my wife's computer and put it on mine after deleting the ones mine had installed.

Now the reason I did it was because I tried to use the workaround file earlier today on my computer. Since that was the only difference I figured it might be the culprit.

fyre97

Post#13 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:11 pm

if you have made a backup folder try loading in from that

Drache64

Post#14 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Drache64 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm tried switching to 32bit (which I notice this game runs as 32 bit even when I set it to 64 bit) and I get the following error:

Error starting: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
That was not ticked and I also made sure to run as administrator just in case. Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall the game without deleting all the files? I would like to run the installer again without having to retorrent. There is usually an uninstall.exe or something.

Kaelang

Post#15 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Drache64 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:23 pm

That was not ticked and I also made sure to run as administrator just in case. Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall the game without deleting all the files? I would like to run the installer again without having to retorrent. There is usually an uninstall.exe or something.
There's no 'installer', you simply download all the game files and launch.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Drache64

Post#16 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:52 pm
Drache64 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:23 pm

There's no 'installer', you simply download all the game files and launch.
When the game first runs the launcher it goes through a series of downloads that install.

I am trying to get back to that initial launch configuration so I can run the launcher as if it were the first item.

It also appears I am missing WAR.exe and uninst2.exe for some reason, it appears when I uninstalled and reinstalled something went awry.

Eisboleas

Post#17 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:51 pm

The problem with black screen are the shaders, if u have Sildru's Enchanced Shaders guys just remove all the files like ReShade folder ReShade.ini and couple others from the Sildru's zip. It should work fine !
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Drache64

Post#18 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 pm

FIXED! retorrented and ran as 32 bit. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 64 bit is unstable but that's just a hunch.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#19 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:27 pm

You'll notice the game will crash a lot more using the 32 bit version of the launcher.

Make sure your torrent is turned off.

Kizuak

Post#20 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:10 pm

I solved this issue for myself by moving my game folder to my C drive. No idea why that worked. But it did.