Recent Topics

Ads

Game crash during log in.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
inducePanic

Re: Game crash during log in.

Post#21 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:17 am

Welp i suppose ill try again tomorrow. thanks for the help dudes. ^^/

Ads
Minkua

Post#22 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:10 am

You can always try flush your DNS, to do this open up command prompt (in the search bar in windows 10 type command) and right click and open as administrator;

In the open prompt, type “ipconfig /flushdns” (without the quotes)
If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache":
Afterwards, type: "netsh int ip reset" (again without quotes)
then restart your pc

Hopefully this should help

zak68

Post#23 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:17 am

tried deleting the game cache ?

inducePanic

Post#24 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Day 3 No ROR

Thanks for the suggestions Minkua and zak68 i just tried both methods and neither one helped my issue. i dont think its my internet or my pc or my game files are causing the problem. the only thing that could possibly be wrong at this point is the account is not authenticating properly which i assume is something a game master or dev can fix.

yesterday i created a new account to do a test log in with and everything worked fine. no crash.

maybe today i can get some help. game masters if you're reading this id love some help.

Kaelang

Post#25 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:26 pm

inducePanic wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:02 pm Day 3 No ROR

Thanks for the suggestions Minkua and zak68 i just tried both methods and neither one helped my issue. i dont think its my internet or my pc or my game files are causing the problem. the only thing that could possibly be wrong at this point is the account is not authenticating properly which i assume is something a game master or dev can fix.

yesterday i created a new account to do a test log in with and everything worked fine. no crash.

maybe today i can get some help. game masters if you're reading this id love some help.
You can PM them on the Forums and/or Discord.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

inducePanic

Post#26 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:40 pm

@kaelang i didnt know i could PM Gm's how do i do that?

Kaelang

Post#27 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:19 pm

inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm i would assume a Game master would have the ability to reset authentication? im not really sure how the authentication works.
Authentication is essentially your account credentials matching those that are listed on the server DB. So passwords & usernames matching.

There is a thread here on the forums for those who have older accounts needing manual authentication, so you could look into that, but i don't think this is the problem you're facing.

There isn't really a way for a GM to 'reset' your authentication, that's not necessarily how it works. You either authenticate, or you don't.

Check out this thread and see if this relates to the issue you are having - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27547

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Kaelang

Post#28 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:20 pm

inducePanic wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:40 pm @kaelang i didnt know i could PM Gm's how do i do that?
You can join the Discord here - viewtopic.php?t=22044

The staff are available to PM there.

Ads
inducePanic

Post#29 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanks Kaelang ill join it again and see if i can Pm someone.

inducePanic

Post#30 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:19 pm
inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm i would assume a Game master would have the ability to reset authentication? im not really sure how the authentication works.
Authentication is essentially your account credentials matching those that are listed on the server DB. So passwords & usernames matching.

There is a thread here on the forums for those who have older accounts needing manual authentication, so you could look into that, but i don't think this is the problem you're facing.

There isn't really a way for a GM to 'reset' your authentication, that's not necessarily how it works. You either authenticate, or you don't.

Check out this thread and see if this relates to the issue you are having - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27547
hmm then my issues is rather unique. looks like i might just have to start fresh with a new account.