Recent Topics

Ads

Game crash during log in.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
inducePanic

Game crash during log in.

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 am

Hey so ive been having issues after todays patch 4/8/2020. For some reason when i log in the game says handshaking login complete and then just crashes out to desktop. I dunno if its a bug? or maybe im possibly banned? Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. ^^/

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Game crash during log in.

Post#2 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Could you try logging in whilst using a VPN to see if it's an authentication issue?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

inducePanic

Post#3 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:59 pm

I tried a VPN and still crashes in the same spot right after handshake and login complete.

inducePanic

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:47 pm

Ive tried just about everything to get the log in to work.. and nothing.
Only thing i haven't tried is creating another account to log in on but i think thats against terms of service or something. the only thing ive changed in the recent days is i did get a new router and modem so maybe im having issues with authentication..if a gm or anyone with the power can help me with that id be super appreciative.

Kaelang

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:49 pm

inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:47 pm Ive tried just about everything to get the log in to work.. and nothing.
Only thing i haven't tried is creating another account to log in on but i think thats against terms of service or something. the only thing ive changed in the recent days is i did get a new router and modem so maybe im having issues with authentication..if a gm or anyone with the power can help me with that id be super appreciative.
Would make sense - but the VPN should cover that (new modem and router).

You can* try to make a new account - that being said I don't expect it would change anything?

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

inducePanic

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Well i tried another vpn this morning and the connect button was just completely grayed out and couldnt click. For some reason im starting to think my account has been banned.. but someone on the Return of reckoning discord assured me that if i tried to log in while banned it would say i was banned. So i dont know what to do. >.<

Kaelang

Post#7 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 pm

inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:54 pm Well i tried another vpn this morning and the connect button was just completely grayed out and couldnt click. For some reason im starting to think my account has been banned.. but someone on the Return of reckoning discord assured me that if i tried to log in while banned it would say i was banned. So i dont know what to do. >.<
Try a clean reinstall following this guide: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

It could be a missing DLL's or anything.

inducePanic

Post#8 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:03 pm

I appreciate the suggestion kaelang but sadly ive done a fresh install 3 times now and still getting the same problem. >.<

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:10 pm

inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:03 pm I appreciate the suggestion kaelang but sadly ive done a fresh install 3 times now and still getting the same problem. >.<
Realistically, it sounds like an authentication issue. But if you've already tried multiple VPN's I really don't know what to suggest.

inducePanic

Post#10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm

i would assume a Game master would have the ability to reset authentication? im not really sure how the authentication works.