Recent Topics

Ads

Game crash during log in.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
inducePanic

Re: Game crash during log in.

Post#31 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:31 pm

inducePanic wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:22 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:19 pm
inducePanic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 pm i would assume a Game master would have the ability to reset authentication? im not really sure how the authentication works.
Authentication is essentially your account credentials matching those that are listed on the server DB. So passwords & usernames matching.

There is a thread here on the forums for those who have older accounts needing manual authentication, so you could look into that, but i don't think this is the problem you're facing.

There isn't really a way for a GM to 'reset' your authentication, that's not necessarily how it works. You either authenticate, or you don't.

Check out this thread and see if this relates to the issue you are having - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27547
hmm then my issues is rather unique. looks like i might just have to start fresh with a new account.
Just read through that thread and it does seem like im having a very similar issue. hopefully soon i can get a GM to weigh in on the problem im facing.

Ads
inducePanic

Post#32 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:46 pm

C_C

inducePanic

Post#33 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:50 pm

There should really be a Ticket system in place for people on the forum who cannot log into game to file one. at least the in game tickets are looked at. These forum posts are starting to seem like a waste of time and effort.

Kaelang

Post#34 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:53 pm

inducePanic wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:50 pm There should really be a Ticket system in place for people on the forum who cannot log into game to file one. at least the in game tickets are looked at. These forum posts are starting to seem like a waste of time and effort.

I've given you the discord server and there's PM functionality on the forums if you need to contact staff.

Consistently bumping your thread isn't going to get you the attention you're looking for.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

inducePanic

Post#35 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:58 pm

not looking for attention. just some help. ^^

inducePanic

Post#36 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:54 am

Just want to say thanks to all of you who tried to help me with my issue. seems this thread is being ignored by the GM's which is kinda sad. All i wanted to do was have my account fixed and for some reason Thats alot to ask for.
Ill just go play something else.
If a gm reads this just go ahead and close this thread or delete it.
im over it.
<3 -panic

Borek

Post#37 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:48 am

Make sure you do not use any special characters in your account name, that's all i can think of

inducePanic

Post#38 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:20 am

So after some thinking and brain storming with a friend im starting to think the reason why my account fails to load is because of corrupted character data. my thinking is maybe one of my characters is wearing or has a piece of gear that was recently changed and is causing a error when the server tries to receive or retrieve that character Data ( i have no idea how the server retrieves or receive's character data just a theory).Now what im asking for a s big favor if a gm has the time of course, could they look into the characters i was recently playing before not being able to log in (Adorable,cuppy and Depressing) and check their inventory's or item slots and see if they have or are wearing anything that might be causing my accounts character data to become corrupt. I would be forever grateful. ^^
like i said before this just a theory and i could be totally wrong about this.
Thanks! <333333333
-Panic

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:54 pm

inducePanic wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:20 am So after some thinking and brain storming with a friend im starting to think the reason why my account fails to load is because of corrupted character data. my thinking is maybe one of my characters is wearing or has a piece of gear that was recently changed and is causing a error when the server tries to receive or retrieve that character Data ( i have no idea how the server retrieves or receive's character data just a theory).Now what im asking for a s big favor if a gm has the time of course, could they look into the characters i was recently playing before not being able to log in (Adorable,cuppy and Depressing) and check their inventory's or item slots and see if they have or are wearing anything that might be causing my accounts character data to become corrupt. I would be forever grateful. ^^
like i said before this just a theory and i could be totally wrong about this.
Thanks! <333333333
-Panic
Your entire account wouldn't have gone sideways based on a single characters inventory, even if you did have something that was blacklisted for dev server only.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

inducePanic

Post#40 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:27 pm

I thought it was worth a try. ^^ thanks for the help Wargrimnir.
looks like im doomed to starting fresh. is there anyway i can have the characters deleted on this account so i can use the character names on a new account?