Recent Topics

Ads

War, How to make it run correctly?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Stophy22

War, How to make it run correctly?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 am

So like the title says I've followed this complete guide And I have to say I have a few questions for some of you more technologically adept than myself, maybe you have access to forbidden knowledge? if you have the time I am willing to learn.

First things first we were doing a keep siege bout a day ago (250v190) and someone boasted that they had about 160fps during lord fights. Now if one thing is certain it is when destro's 4-5 warbands are grouped up on killing a lord my game effin tanks. It tanks hard. Now normally the game runs fine, but to get 160 fps while fighting a lord. Is there something I am missing that is horribly, terribly, obvious?

My specs
Spoiler:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
Ram: 32.0 GB neo trident z 3400 or 3200 I forgot.
I have a good Corsair Liquid cooler that I can't remember the name, so I don't think its running hot.

If there is anymore specs you think you need lemme know I can get you that. But it astounds me how I built this high end PC and it has trouble running this game
And before you come in here with the, "War is an old game and isn't optimized so it won't run well no matter what the PC." I accept that answer and currently am still understanding that war is like that. But how is jabroni X getting 160fps on a keep lord fight while I tank to 20fps, maybe less? I guess is there some secret im missing out on is the ultimate question. The rumors I've heard is the game is too terribly optimized to where it only utilizes one core, but if there was a way to utilize all cores... it would be... no, no. Impossible...

Anyway any information is super helpful thanks :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Acidic

Re: War, How to make it run correctly?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 am

The major issue the client has is that is utilizes every little of the capabilities of a modern pc.
Near enough Single threaded and very little use of GPU

Kaelang

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:46 pm

During lord fights, everyone tanks. For someone to be saying they're holding a steady 160FPS, it's questionable.

Run your settings down to Fastest Framerate, turn off overhead names and strip back every single addon, and you'll notice an increase - but a completely smooth experience during huge zerg fights just isn't going to happen in WAR.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Alterkraft

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:01 pm

I may have gotten lucky, sort of running something similar to what you have and the game is playable with all effects on and quality set to fastest framerate, mostly I'm bottlenecked by lag on the server end I think. But it seems that single thread performance and quick memory especially with those Ryzen cpu's, have the most impact to reduce lag on your end.

Still in large fights lag is unavoidable. You learn to live with it I guess.

Wdova

Post#5 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

War maximum FPS is 99 FPS so if someone tell You he has 160 fps he just joking :)

Not even NASA computers can play this game at that border(99fps) in big fights (200vs200+) Keeps and Forts since game uses only ! 1 ! core and max. GPU usage I have seen is around 30% on my RX 5600 XT, but mostly sits between 10-15% on 1440p, Oh shiny settings.

I recomment in huge fights using Fastest presset because the game is not only smoother, but You also reduce risk of game crash during those clashes.

Also disabling names completely and disabling some addons(WSCT in my case) improve stability and FPS.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Stophy22

Post#6 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:42 pm

Thanks guys I think I was doing everything correctly and the guy saying he was getting 160fps was trolling, just wanted to make sure there was no forbidden knowledge going around without me getting a piece of it :)
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x