Recent Topics

Ads

Random Crashing ?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
AkiLLez

Random Crashing ?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 am

Ok so this just started happening. Sometimes when i am in game my game will freeze randomly and my game will crash with no error code. Its been happening more frequently. I am running a Ryzen 3600x, 32GBram, 1070 Ti. I had the game installed on my HDD, and decided to reinstall it to my SSD to see if that fixed the crashing. It got better but now its happening again. Also happens to my friend who just started playing. Any fixes?

Ads
Draftman

Re: Random Crashing ?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:54 am

I have the same issue and high spec pc. Only started in last couple of days. The /rel doesnt fix it either.

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:57 am

make sure you run 64bit executable from the launcher.

also might want to clear up the cache folder from the WAR folder
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

zaauk

Post#4 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:58 am

Did you set to 64-bit?
Run the game in fullscreen. Windowed makes mine laggy / crash.
New addons, some are not good for the game?
Even with a good computer lower your settings.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kaelang

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 pm

AkiLLez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 am Ok so this just started happening. Sometimes when i am in game my game will freeze randomly and my game will crash with no error code. Its been happening more frequently. I am running a Ryzen 3600x, 32GBram, 1070 Ti. I had the game installed on my HDD, and decided to reinstall it to my SSD to see if that fixed the crashing. It got better but now its happening again. Also happens to my friend who just started playing. Any fixes?
Draftman wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:54 am I have the same issue and high spec pc. Only started in last couple of days. The /rel doesnt fix it either.
As listed above, the default for the Launcher is set at 32 bit, if you open your settings and change this to 64 bit it tends to fix most of the crashing. You should also look to play with your interface as clean as possible, i.e. without any addons, or very few. And ensure in large open fights you are running on low graphic settings. The game was developed a long time ago and isn't necessarily optimised for the hardware of recent years - you will get some FPS stutters during large encounters, but the 64 bit should fix the harsh crashing.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.