Recent Topics

Ads

Bright ground textures and how to fix them? [fixed]

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Ashenford

Bright ground textures and how to fix them? [fixed]

Post#1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:05 am

Hello, so after awhile I've noticed my ground textures actually shouldn't be the way they are. A lil' bit of info, I re-downloaded the game, running it in compatibility mode, client is set to 64bit, basically I followed everything there is to follow under readme file in game folder and those on forum, nothing helped. An hour ago I came across the post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6043&start=120 but since he is Linux user this stuff didn't really help me out to fix my issue on Win. If someone could help me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

This is how it usually looks in Nordenwatch SC https://imgur.com/a/ft9gnQe where ground should be greener and across Nordland, worst is at beach where it's really bright.

Ads
Ashenford

Re: Bright ground textures and how to fix them? [fixed]

Post#2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Fixed, the culprit was dual graphics, set it to power saving and it works much better than on high performance.

xpander
Community Management

Re: Bright ground textures and how to fix them? [fixed]

Post#3 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 pm

Ohh, never heard of it happen on Windows. But glad you got it fixed. On Linux side, its fixed in wine 5.0+ and we dont have this bright ground issue anymore. The only exception where this issue happens is when you try to run DXVK (which translates Directx to Vulkan). That DXVK can also be used in Windows afaik, so this is the only thing that still has the bright ground texture issue as it doesnt support the correct (out of spec) sRGB mode for WAR.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos