Recent Topics

Ads

Computer Restarting... Please help

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
dackius

Computer Restarting... Please help

Post#1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:47 pm

I have somewhere between 20-30gold Order side, I'd happily give it to anyone who can help me solve my computer issue.

I have been playing on and off now for 3-4 weeks, and have found no solution to this problem. Basically, at any random time, the game causes my computer to just reboot. I am running Window's 10 Home 64 bit, on a Dell Inspiron 5675. AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor, 8 GB Memory DDR4 (2400 MHz), AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570 4 GB graphic's card. Any other info you may need, please let me know.

I have tried the following "common solutions" to little or no effects:

-Switched to 64 bit on launcher
-Updated all drivers
-Fresh install of Windows and Updated (multiple times)
-Swapped Audio file for new file

It can be very frustrating, because while I could possibly understand the occasional disconnect or even crash to desktop in heavy lag during a keep or fort siege, I am having the entire computer reboot with little or no warning while looking in AH, standing still in the middle of no where, or even while logging in, or just looking at the character selection screen.

I have run multiple hardware tests (I am not opposed to try new ones recommend though) and so far everything has passed with flying colors, and I was assume these specs are well over what is needed to play the game. I have deleted all addons to ensure they are not causing any issues as well.

Please help me as I am desperate to try and actually get this fixed before missing out on my 2nd chance as a x2 weekend because attempting to play causes my system to break. Thanks in advance!

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Computer Restarting... Please help

Post#2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:01 pm

There is a "common" problem with an audio file that makes the game shutdown, maybe in your case makes the pc reboot...check this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28683

In this other topic you can find the correct audio file"Audio Stutter/Crash Fix":
https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16

Try this and check if your pc still reboot when playing....

dackius

Post#3 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Thank you for you efforts, but I did already try to swap the audio file for the new one to no effect. Any other ideas?

zak68

Post#4 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:25 pm

try looking in the event log. open the event viewer, browse windows logs ,open the system log and see what happens at around the moment when the pc restarts; hopefully you could find some clues there. also try looking at the application log.
ps: have u tried changing the game graphical setting ? does your pc crashes with other gpu demanding programs ?

dackius

Post#5 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Understanding a complete difference in scale of GPU demands (I assume, although do not know) I had no problems using this machine to run Diablo 3 with graphics pushed up. I have tried to view event logs, but admit having very little knowledge about what to even look for. It would appear that the critical error that I keep seeing listed is a Kernal-Power or something error that just basically says the system shut down for some unknown reason.

Is there something more specific or helpful I could provide you from the event the log? I just need direction knowing which of these many "events" are helpful, vs useless info.

Like I said before, although it seems more likely to happen during larger fights, this has also happened before even pressing "play" on the character select screen, and having run stress tests on my GPU with no problems leaves me additionally puzzled about direction to go.

Phantasm

Post#6 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:12 pm

Have you tried change RAM XMP profile to manual values? I had a time I bought new RAM but for PC, and I found XMP profile on Ryzen processor I own was causing CTD and occasionally reboot PC - it happened only during heavy fort fights. I used this tool to find correct values for my RAM: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ry ... alculator/
Here you got guide how to use it:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd- ... ing-guide/

Skullgrin

Post#7 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:20 pm

The Kernel Power error could be a lot of things, here's a guide full of possible problems and solutions. My initial suggestions would be to check to make sure all the power connections inside and outside your computer are firmly seated (which helps to rule out a physical short) and then to check your advanced power settings. After that, you can go through the other guide suggestions if that hasn't worked.

Edit: I just looked up your system, and it only has a 460 watt power supply. There might be a power issue if you have any external USB devices that are drawing power from your system (things like external hard drives, USB chargers, stuff like that). If you do, unplug them from your box and see if that helps.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

RedEclipse

Post#8 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:23 am

I'm having this exact same issue, and I have no idea why, since I can run far more graphically intensive games like DMC 5 and Sekiro with no issues, even while having stuff like firefox running at the same time. Yet this game keeps causing my pc to crash and flat out restart. I'll try with my xbox controller unplugged from the usb port and see if that helps, but I'm not sure why that would matter when I have it plugged in to play far more demanding games and never have this issue. Also a Windows 10 user here.

Ads
dackius

Post#9 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:56 am

You are a window's 10 user, are you also using Ryzen by chance? I just someone else posting with similar problem that has very similar computer specs.

Phantasm posted a reply about Ryzen which I have attempted to do, but I can't seem to find my memory (C die) on the calculator. So I wonder if that is making progress.

RedEclipse

Post#10 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 am

Yeah Ryzen 3 1200 with a gtx 1050 ti