Recent Topics

Ads

Error Connecting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ChronoPhoenix

Error Connecting

Post#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 am

Connect Error:

I've just finished installing Return of Reckoning using the instructions provided on the 'join us' page: I was able to connect and go to the server select / character select screen. I then had to shut down and head out for a few hours. I came home and tried to log back in, so I could properly settle in and enjoy the game for a few hours, only to have the web server square show up as red for disconnected, and the login server is still yellow. The connect button won't highlight either.

I've flushed my DNS resolvers, cleared the winsocks and made sure that I've created exceptions in my firewall for RoR and I've run the client both normally and as an Admin.

When I run the updater: I get this error at roughly 30%
Error Downloading updater:
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (522) Origin Connection Time-out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)

Normally this would be a server up / server down thing to my understanding of the Async() method being called on to collect / send data to a server. However I haven't found anything stating that the servers are currently down.

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: Error Connecting

Post#2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:56 am

Its a server has been down a for the last 3 hours or so. Official discord mentioned a memory problem just need to patient till they fix it.

zak68

Re: Error Connecting

Post#3 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:29 am

ChronoPhoenix wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 am However I haven't found anything stating that the servers are currently down.
join the discord channel.