Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Tchey

Re: RoR under Linux

Post#11 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am

Hi,

Following XPander video, i could easily install the game, no issue at all.
I am now playing, and as far as i can tell, everything works nicely.

I’m on Linux Manjaro xfce.

Thanks !

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#12 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am

Would like to confirm that the method from Lutris works on a 19.10 Ubuntu GNOME fresh installation with Wine Staging.

gemgem

Post#13 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:27 am

i dont use Lutris
i easy delete .wine and easy create new again
sample script and never fail:

after winecfg

#!/bin/bash
env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine/ror sh winetricks --unattended --force allfonts msxml3 d3dx9 dotnet40

xpander
Community Management

Post#14 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:36 pm

I dont use lutris myself either. But made the video using that because its simple for many users.

btw you dont need whole d3dx9, nor msxml3... you just need d3dx9_34 corefonts and dotnet40

this is my starting script

https://pastebin.com/zrzBqdEc
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Tolerance

Post#15 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:44 am

Running this on Pop!_OS - can confirm my performance vs windows is a thousand times better.

KhorneBerserker

Post#16 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:53 am It must be something on your system then. I just tested it from scratch, installed with lutris again. with the 5.4 wine. just same as in my videos, click and click and it works.
Can you try some other distro just to test it? maybe you are missing something on your Arch insrtallation. I do use Arch Linux myself also though.
xpander wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:53 am It must be something on your system then. I just tested it from scratch, installed with lutris again. with the 5.4 wine. just same as in my videos, click and click and it works.
Can you try some other distro just to test it? maybe you are missing something on your Arch insrtallation. I do use Arch Linux myself also though.
I would like to confirm that it was problem related to my Arch installation.
I installed Gentoo in a folder (stage3 and chroot to it), base system configuration and installed wine, winetricks with their dependencies.
And with d3dx9_34 (whiteish login screen without it) corefonts dotnet40 64 bit prefix the game works (launcher, login screen, game itself). But without DXVK. FPS is relatively playable but Slaanesh demands to seek for perfection, so let's try with DXVK..

But using the same prefix after enabling DXVK ( "setup_dxvk.sh install" ) the launcher starts to crash on start with "the program RorLauncher.exe has encountered serious problem and needs to close." https://pastebin.com/sGXHbJ0q Upon disabling DXVK with "setup_dxvk.sh uninstall" problem disappears. Tried same with 1.5.5 1.6 DXVK and wine 5.3-5.4 versions and 32 wine prefix - no visible impact. It feels strange that launcher is so sensitive to 3D. To make sure that vulkan works in that gentoo chroot, I tried the same prefix with DXVK to play other game - rimworld - it runs ok.

xpander
Community Management

Post#17 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:46 pm

you dont want to use dxvk with thatone, it has the bright ground texture issue with dxvk.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1296

to get more performance, enable ESYNC or FSYNC if your kernel supports that. Though since you run intel HD GPU iirc, then it might have some limitations how much you can squeeze out of it.

also don't make 32bit prefix, and run the 64 bit executable if you dont want to crash out in huge battles
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

KhorneBerserker

Post#18 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 pm

xpander wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:46 pm you dont want to use dxvk with thatone, it has the bright ground texture issue with dxvk.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1296

to get more performance, enable ESYNC or FSYNC if your kernel supports that. Though since you run intel HD GPU iirc, then it might have some limitations how much you can squeeze out of it.
Good to know. Without ESYNC it was ok, until large scale RVR that brought less than 1 FPS, massive stutters.
ESYNC brought huge performance boost - at least 20 FPS even in large scale RVR.

Also sometimes part of map (discovered part, I suspect) becomes black, only full game relaunch helps. Image
Any fix?

Upd:
Sometimes it gets stuck on respawn screen (the loading never ends).
Last edited by KhorneBerserker on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#19 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:38 am

that map thing also happens on windows afaik and happened on live game back in the days.
iirc it will fix itself when you switch zones (flightmaster/loading screen) and if you disable post processing the part of the map can be white instead of black. It only happens in t2-t3 zones afaik where the orvr lakes are on 2 zones
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

EsthelielSunfury

Post#20 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Updated Wine yesterday and Lutris no longer does anything, tried even a fresh install - pressing "Play" holds for a few seconds before reverting back to it again.

Could someone brief me with a few terminal commands to run the scripts you're using to get it going? I have the torrent downloaded again, even the Lutris folder set up, but nothing happens even when trying to open RoRlauncher.exe with Wine.